Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders

Go down 
AuthorMessage

New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders Empty
PostSubject: New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders   New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 2:37 am

For all the stimulation packages and bailouts in the UK, Government clearly doesn't think it can stop personal bankrupcies and impoverishment.

The British Government is introducing law to allow bailiffs to use physical force on householders in order to remove house contents.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article5375668.ece

Would they not send the bailiffs in to the boardrooms of the banks?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders   New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 4:01 am

cactus flower wrote:
For all the stimulation packages and bailouts in the UK, Government clearly doesn't think it can stop personal bankrupcies and impoverishment.

The British Government is introducing law to allow bailiffs to use physical force on householders in order to remove house contents.

Bloody disgraceful. Use criminal behaviour to combat non criminal behaviour.

There's also a piece of legislation before the House of Lords currently that would make it a criminal offence to take a photograph or make a video of a police officer in public. Qualifying it with the oldie: 'something that might be useful to a terrorist.'

Britain's about to turn feral and I can't help but ask myself, is this what the authorities intend?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders   New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 4:10 am

Hermes wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Bloody disgraceful. Use criminal behaviour to combat non criminal behaviour.

There's also a piece of legislation before the House of Lords currently that would make it a criminal offence to take a photograph or make a video of a police officer in public. Qualifying it with the oldie: 'something that might be useful to a terrorist.'

Britain's about to turn feral and I can't help but ask myself, is this what the authorities intend?

There are a lot of signs of rapid rightward shift and militarisation of society by the British Government even in the last three months. Some people just don't want to recognise it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders   New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 4:17 am

I think it might be more of a polarisation across the entire political spectrum. The activist scene is a lot more... em... active than it is here. And indeed, percentage wise, there are a lot more activists.

We had the BNP outing last month and before that we had the victory in the courts for activists regarding 'lawful excuse.' Something big is going to happen. I can feel it in me water.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders   New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 12:27 pm

This 'LABOUR' government has always had a tendency to be right wing and authoritarian. It has ignored its traditional support and has absolutely no political or moral compass worth considering. This is a government that likes to regulate and control. It likes laws, league tables and endless statistics pointless or otherwise. It likes control, but control for what purpose, for it has no real purpose or ambition but retaining control? It sees everyone as cogs in a machine and the cogs should do what they are told.

If you consider the thumping great majorities that they have had and consider what they have achieved you can see just how wretched they have been.

What have they achieved? Their economic policy has impoverished the country, they have poured money into government spending and frankly all I see are systems that are poorly run, inefficient and in decline. More than that they are a government that lie and mislead, a government who wont take responsibility.

Governments that claim to be of the 'left' are often more inclined to totalitarianism than those of the right so why should we be surprised by such legislation?

Also remember that all the measures that the government are taking to revive the economy are directed at reviving the Banks. Even the interest rate cuts are not intended to benifit the ordinary citizen, no they are the cows to be milked. No the interest rate cuts are about allowing Banks to recapitalise by massively increasing the interest they charge and reducing returns on deposits. Now it would not do if the average citizen was to rebel and resist the sheriff would it!

IMO what is happening across the world is fraud, worse than that it plainly unfair. It is the poor bailing out the rich and the failed. It is the modern equivalent of selling populations into slavery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders   New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 1:09 pm

It seems as the century progresses that a fundamental new shift in state power is taking place across the globe. Warren Buffet has commented on how the US is in danger of becoming an oligarchy and the continuing excuses and laws being passed by various governments bears out his observation. Ostenisbly we are supposed to be afraid of terrorists but armed opposition to the British govt in particular has been on a more sustained and threatening posture in the past, yet they saw no need to continually chip away at personal civil liberties.

I suppose one of the fundamental shifts in society can be put on technology's doorstep. The wide spread availability of surviellance technology has put more power into stateist controlled hands as has the compliation of huge databases on entire populations, but I don't think we can blame technology. The ASBO laws are more indicative of how stateists are able to assult personal liberties. The ASBo laws are not pernicious so much in their original intent but by their widespread use to control as many people in as many different circumstances as possible.

I can only surmise that the people who hold the reigns of power no longer trust the public at large. I'm also quite sure that the anal-retentive among our own population will quickly point out that if an individual does not get themselves into a situation were baliffs are required because of debt then the proplems won't arise. Even as big businesses circumvent local tax laws; outsource labour to circumvent labour laws; and become an almost de facto centre of gravity for the implementation of new and restrictive personal laws, it is up to individuals to control those parts of their lives as they can.

I quite literally now view credit cards, personal loans, etc. as a possible indentured contracts which allow private organisations, abetted by the law of the land, to control your life from birth to death. The easiest way to keep your sanity and circumscribed freedom is not to indulge in debt. Strangely enough if the British people stopped using debt instruments tomorrow, and could sustain this for even a limited period, in protest against the onslaught on personal libertities the UK govt would cave in no short order.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders   New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 2:15 pm

A good post Rocky.

I'm not so sure that debt can be avoided though. I know a young lady who's just got a gas bill for €200 and has just managed to clear the last one. But not before the arrival of this one, unfortunately. That means her current bill is overdue.

The cycle of debt is a part of life and its long been accepted as the norm. Sometimes I think lifespans are measured in terms of living from one debt to the next. Maybe we can sometimes avoid the credit card debt etc., but maybe this debt is sometimes a knock-on debt from having used it to pay the gas bill?

How can we cherish all of our people when we see them as cows to be lead to the milking parlour and milked. Pure disaster economics and governance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders   New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders EmptySun Dec 21, 2008 4:01 pm

rockyracoon wrote:
I quite literally now view credit cards, personal loans, etc. as a possible indentured contracts which allow private organisations, abetted by the law of the land, to control your life from birth to death. The easiest way to keep your sanity and circumscribed freedom is not to indulge in debt. Strangely enough if the British people stopped using debt instruments tomorrow, and could sustain this for even a limited period, in protest against the onslaught on personal libertities the UK govt would cave in no short order.

There is no doubt that debt is indenture. I feel the need for a modern Magna Carta Libertatum. One thing this crisis highlights is that governments do not serve the best interests of the people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders   New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders Empty

Back to top Go down

New UK law - bailiffs to use force on householders
Page 1 of 1