Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet


Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Share | 
 

 Michael O Leary to campaign for Yes vote in Lisbon II

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Michael O Leary to campaign for Yes vote in Lisbon II   Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:17 pm

This has been a very good day for me.

My employment situation is getting resolved (the fecker is finally paying up and giving me redundancy and all he owes me after being a temporary layoff land for the last 2 months)

And now this......

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2008/1218/1229523051079.html


Heh heh - this should make things interesting - and we all know where he got his money from...........

they are going to have kittens over this over on Liber.....oops... P.ie - I can feel FTs agony already Very Happy


Last edited by Edo on Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
avatar

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Michael O Leary to campaign for Yes vote in Lisbon II   Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:59 pm

Yeah, read that earlier. Great stuff.

This is why I like O'Leary - says it as he sees it.

Our politicians can't say those sorts of things in public. It's good to have somebody who can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Michael O Leary to campaign for Yes vote in Lisbon II   Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:07 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Yeah, read that earlier. Great stuff.

This is why I like O'Leary - says it as he sees it.

Our politicians can't say those sorts of things in public. It's good to have somebody who can.

Well he is dead right that we should be doing more business with Europe other than going on weekend breaks and buying apartments- with a market of 450 odd million people -we've barely scratched the surface of it - and we'll need to big time as I can feel the chill air of a degree of protectionism blowing in as Obama will need to rebuild US manufacturing capacity if they are to maintain their standard of living to any degree over there.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Michael O Leary to campaign for Yes vote in Lisbon II   Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:33 am

Do you think Obama gives a bollix about living standards. The realisation that neither he nor Hillary cared about the industrial base was the reason for the uproar over the NAFTA issue.

The reality is these guys are pushing for globalisation but now everyone is crying when the effects of globalism is hitting home

Ye wanted globalism so suck it up and work for a global wage
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Michael O Leary to campaign for Yes vote in Lisbon II   Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:41 am

""I'd always want to take on the shinners - the only party whose economic policy consists of robbing banks," he said."


I love it!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Michael O Leary to campaign for Yes vote in Lisbon II   Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:07 am

Edo wrote:
EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Yeah, read that earlier. Great stuff.

This is why I like O'Leary - says it as he sees it.

Our politicians can't say those sorts of things in public. It's good to have somebody who can.

Well he is dead right that we should be doing more business with Europe other than going on weekend breaks and buying apartments- with a market of 450 odd million people -we've barely scratched the surface of it - and we'll need to big time as I can feel the chill air of a degree of protectionism blowing in as Obama will need to rebuild US manufacturing capacity if they are to maintain their standard of living to any degree over there.

With the pound at 95 pence for a euro, we will not be selling much in the UK: do we not urgently need some kind of crack team to help get firms selling more in euro countries? Whose job is that at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Michael O Leary to campaign for Yes vote in Lisbon II   Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:09 am

The failure to exploit the European Market, particularly since the instigation of the Single Currency must be one of our greatest economic failures. What are we selling to the British market that cannot be sold to the French, German, Swedish or Italian? We shouldn't be expanding within the eurozone at the expense of our trade with Britain, we should be doing it in addition.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
avatar

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Michael O Leary to campaign for Yes vote in Lisbon II   Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:15 am

cactus flower wrote:
Edo wrote:
EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Yeah, read that earlier. Great stuff.

This is why I like O'Leary - says it as he sees it.

Our politicians can't say those sorts of things in public. It's good to have somebody who can.

Well he is dead right that we should be doing more business with Europe other than going on weekend breaks and buying apartments- with a market of 450 odd million people -we've barely scratched the surface of it - and we'll need to big time as I can feel the chill air of a degree of protectionism blowing in as Obama will need to rebuild US manufacturing capacity if they are to maintain their standard of living to any degree over there.

With the pound at 95 pence for a euro, we will not be selling much in the UK: do we not urgently need some kind of crack team to help get firms selling more in euro countries? Whose job is that at the moment?

Can we (ECB) devalue the Euro, like we did with the Quid in '92 or whatever ? That would help eurozone Dollar and Sterling exports.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Michael O Leary to campaign for Yes vote in Lisbon II   Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:18 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:

Can we (ECB) devalue the Euro, like we did with the Quid in '92 or whatever ? That would help eurozone Dollar and Sterling exports.

Yes, but the ECB, whose main mandate is the control of inflation, appears very reluctant to do so.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
avatar

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Michael O Leary to campaign for Yes vote in Lisbon II   Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:28 am

johnfás wrote:
EvotingMachine0197 wrote:

Can we (ECB) devalue the Euro, like we did with the Quid in '92 or whatever ? That would help eurozone Dollar and Sterling exports.

Yes, but the ECB, whose main mandate is the control of inflation, appears very reluctant to do so.

Why would devaluation affect eurozone inflation either way. If anything, I thought it would contribute to lower inflation, due to higher cost of imports ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Michael O Leary to campaign for Yes vote in Lisbon II   Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:31 am

They don't seem to like doing anything other than control inflation... that is their problem.

The logic behind it really comes down to political influence. Everyone agreed that keeping inflation low was good so everyone agreed that it was a good aim for the ECB. When you go down the road of devaluing currency etc you get alot of States with an interest who may or may not agree with the idea... add into that the ECB apparently being beyond State influence and you get a toxic mix.

That's the dilemma.

I know about politics and law, I don't know about economics so I don't know how you devalue a currency which everyone seems to want to buy. Would that be another problem? I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Michael O Leary to campaign for Yes vote in Lisbon II   

Back to top Go down
 
Michael O Leary to campaign for Yes vote in Lisbon II
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Michael Savages's issue
» Good morning from Jikan
» Archangel Michael?
» Michael G. Shaun Brown
» Michael 'Air' Jordan: hands of a basketball superstar!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Politics and Current News :: The Open Europe Forum-
Jump to: