Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Site Instability Blues

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Site Instability Blues - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 7:03 pm

RevLeft, I talked about it in another thread.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 7:11 pm

evercloserunion wrote:

Oh yeh. I remember now.

I hope they all don't think we did it !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 7:16 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:

Oh yeh. I remember now.

With P.ie I reckon the blame should be put on a Merry Christmas thread started by corelli. It caused posters to come in and be nice and civil to one another, thus causing a paradox.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 7:27 pm

My portal is as wide as the M50. Not sure what is causing it.

BTW - has anybody been on the new strectch of the Dublin-Cork motorway to open? The peace highway is really starting to come together - I can forecast politicall union in the next couple of decades.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 7:28 pm

had a look again - I think it is the monster URL in the Carol Chomsky thread blurb that is causing the difficulties.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 8:34 pm

evercloserunion wrote:
I think he wanted us (well, you) to open a bank account and organize a collection of small donations from members which will go towards securing a proper domain name for the site.

What would a proper domain name be, and how can it help the site? (sorry, but I'm a technology-free zone).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 8:44 pm

cactus flower wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:
I think he wanted us (well, you) to open a bank account and organize a collection of small donations from members which will go towards securing a proper domain name for the site.

What would a proper domain name be, and how can it help the site? (sorry, but I'm a technology-free zone).
Something like machinenation.com, machinenation.org etc. etc. It's generally a sign of a more serious and independent site, and it also increases the flow of traffic we could get because the site is easier to find.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 8:49 pm

evercloserunion wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:

Something like machinenation.com, machinenation.org etc. etc. It's generally a sign of a more serious and independent site, and it also increases the flow of traffic we could get because the site is easier to find.

Ah. Thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 10:58 pm

cactus flower wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:

Ah. Thanks. Very Happy

Indeed. A splendid proposal evercloserunion!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:38 am

Has anyone noticed the background image on the portal?
Site Instability Blues - Page 4 Wacky_santa_01

Is it deliberate or are we under Asian occupation? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:39 am

Ok I'll stop now ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:39 am

Okay, scratch that, tis now a snowflakes GIF.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:41 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Ok I'll stop now ...

Lmao. Tis cool. I kinda sussed what was going on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:41 am

The site seems to have sped up since I put the snowflakes gif on there

not
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:45 am

The list of topics on the portal does seem to load considerably faster and seems to be queued closer to the beginning in the load process. On the other hand the rest of the internet's slowed down. Google is really dragging its heels. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:52 am

Yikes the place just went wild.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:53 am

Is it gone slow ? Or is it gone snow ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:54 am

It is back to normal now... I should have done a print screen, it was seriously messed up for a minute there. It went long and narrow, the snow took up about a quarter of the screen on each side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:55 am

Its at it again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:57 am

Is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:58 am

Is it more normal now ? I'd say p.ie are closed for decorations and will come back up with something stunningly breathtaking. We should try to compete with them at a decorative level now - their decorations can't be better than ours, dam it.

I bet they'll even have a crib Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 4:59 am

evercloserunion wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:

Oh yeh. I remember now.

With P.ie I reckon the blame should be put on a Merry Christmas thread started by corelli. It caused posters to come in and be nice and civil to one another, thus causing a paradox.

WTF? People on p.ie being nice to each other? affraid The Christmas Day truce in World War I had a greater chance of happening than people on p.ie actually being nice to one another. santa Sometimes that place is insane, with all the backbiting, bitching and viciousness. (And is is only Apparatchik's sockpuppets talking to each other!!!) rendeer

Last edited by Papal Knight on Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 5:00 am

Papal Knight wrote:
Sometimes that place is insane, with all the backbiting, bitching and viciousness. (And is is only Apparatchik's sockpuppets to talking to each other!!!) rendeer

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 5:05 am

Papal Knight wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:

Oh yeh. I remember now.

WTF? People on p.ie being nice to each other? affraid The Christmas Day truce in World War I had a greater chance of happening than people on p.ie actually being nice to one another. santa Sometimes that place is insane, with all the backbiting, bitching and viciousness. (And is is only Apparatchik's sockpuppets talking to each other!!!) rendeer

And yours. How many incarnations have you had now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 5:07 am

Smile

maybe we can choose from a selection of backgrounds ...

Site Instability Blues - Page 4 HomelessSanta
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Instability Blues   Site Instability Blues - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Site Instability Blues
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next