Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

X Factor brilliance

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

X Factor brilliance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: X Factor brilliance   X Factor brilliance - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 2:43 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Papal Knight wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
X-Factor is the most disingenuous and manipulative money making racket that any medium of communication has ever vomitted upon it's willing consumers/victims.

I truely despair for humanity.......

Superficial and ill-informed. Are you sure you didn't mean to post that on politics.ie? That is the normal home of superficial and ill-informed posts. Very Happy

Good Gods. Are you for real?

Totally. I have been a musician, BTW. The only criteria for me is quality music. And the show has consistently had quality music on it. Your comments suggest you know little about music, even less about the show, and nothing about the participants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X Factor brilliance   X Factor brilliance - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 2:44 am

Cabaret Voltaire ....... had completely forgotten about them. Idea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X Factor brilliance   X Factor brilliance - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:03 am

Papal Knight wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Papal Knight wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
X-Factor is the most disingenuous and manipulative money making racket that any medium of communication has ever vomitted upon it's willing consumers/victims.

I truely despair for humanity.......

Superficial and ill-informed. Are you sure you didn't mean to post that on politics.ie? That is the normal home of superficial and ill-informed posts. Very Happy

Good Gods. Are you for real?

Totally. I have been a musician, BTW. The only criteria for me is quality music. And the show has consistently had quality music on it. Your comments suggest you know little about music, even less about the show, and nothing about the participants.

I'll consider that a compliment
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X Factor brilliance   X Factor brilliance - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:03 am

But was Ruth robbed.....

(Purple Rain)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X Factor brilliance   X Factor brilliance - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:06 am

cactus flower wrote:

But was Ruth robbed.....

(Purple Rain)

Did that Portuguese wagon not win Big Brother a couple of years back?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X Factor brilliance   X Factor brilliance - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:10 am

Don't rate Alexandra to be honest. JLS will have more success going forward. Glad Quigger didn't get a look in. Bring back Diana!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X Factor brilliance   X Factor brilliance - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:12 am

Here you go, johnfás
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X Factor brilliance   X Factor brilliance - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:13 am

cactus flower wrote:

But was Ruth robbed.....

(Purple Rain)

I couldn't agree more. Ruth was amazing over and over, but Purple Rain was incredible. In most competitions in most years someone of Ruth's talent would have walked it. It just shows just how high the standards were this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X Factor brilliance   X Factor brilliance - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:18 am

cactus flower wrote:

Here you go, johnfás

She's a little rascal.

She is the only one who could have done a decent cover of that Jeff Buckley classic as well. Watching both those finalists butcher it was as upsetting as hearing Rufus Wainright do the same. The song has grit, their's had none.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X Factor brilliance   X Factor brilliance - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:21 am

Now here's a singer with some grit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: X Factor brilliance   X Factor brilliance - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:22 am

I'm quite sure Jeff Buckley would have preferred this than the butchers this evening: