Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Smilie problems

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Smilie problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smilie problems   Smilie problems EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 2:07 am

You could try hitting the preview button and then posting into the preview box?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Smilie problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smilie problems   Smilie problems EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 2:09 am

imokyrok, have you got these icons at the top of reply box?

Smilie problems Smilie10
Back to top Go down

Smilie problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smilie problems   Smilie problems EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 2:32 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
imokyrok, have you got these icons at the top of reply box?

Smilie problems Smilie10

There's no smilie icon at the top with the other formatting ones - just the big box at the right hand  side. I've poked a few more but they're not budging.
Back to top Go down

Smilie problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smilie problems   Smilie problems EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 2:40 am

Blasted smilies, Working to Rule Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

Smilie problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smilie problems   Smilie problems EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 2:41 am

OK , instead of using the quick reply box, scroll down a bit more and click the POST REPLY button beside the new topic button.

See any smilies now ?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

Smilie problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smilie problems   Smilie problems EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 2:42 am

cactus flower wrote:
Blasted smilies, Working to Rule Mad Mad

They want to be compensated for something obviously.
Back to top Go down

Smilie problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smilie problems   Smilie problems EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 2:43 am

cactus flower wrote:
You could try hitting the preview button and then posting into the preview box?

Tried that - no joy. Don't worry about it. I'll rely on my literary skills to convey tone for now.
Back to top Go down

Smilie problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smilie problems   Smilie problems EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 2:47 am

I tried your suggestion too evoting. They just don't want to get out of bed. Damn super-smilies!

I'll logout and in again and see if that helps.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

Smilie problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smilie problems   Smilie problems EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 2:49 am

Damn. Your first day on Machine Nation has been fraught with technical difficulties imokyrok. Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day.

I'm sure Auditor will be able to fix it ...
Back to top Go down

Smilie problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smilie problems   Smilie problems EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 2:55 am

Nope that didn't work either. It's weird - when I hit the smilie icon from the quick reply box it sends me to a blank post reply box. The smilies at the side of that box don't do anything at all. Anyway I'm of to bed. Goodnight all.
Back to top Go down

Smilie problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smilie problems   Smilie problems EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 3:25 am

imokyrok wrote:
Nope that didn't work either. It's weird - when I hit the smilie icon from the quick reply box it sends me to a blank post reply box. The smilies at the side of that box don't do anything at all. Anyway I'm of to bed. Goodnight all.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Smilie problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smilie problems   Smilie problems EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 3:26 am

Papal Knight wrote:
imokyrok wrote:
Very Happy

Hmm. I've just tried one and it worked. I placed my curser where I wanted the smilie to be, then hit the one I wanted with the mouse, clicked on it and it appeared. afro Play piano lol! king
Back to top Go down

Smilie problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smilie problems   Smilie problems EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 3:27 am

Papal Knight wrote:
Papal Knight wrote:
imokyrok wrote:
Very Happy

Hmm. I've just tried one and it worked. I placed my curser where I wanted the smilie to be, then hit the one I wanted with the mouse, clicked on it and it appeared. afro Play piano lol! king

Tried it again and it worked. Cool smilies. Surprised
Back to top Go down

Smilie problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smilie problems   Smilie problems EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 3:29 am

If you want to try the codes behind them:

:P
:(
:)
:D
:oops:

Maybe when you are replying with the 'Post Reply' button have a look at the boxes below to the left to see if any of them are ticked or not. You can switch off smilies you see if you hate their faces but prefer just the naked skeletons behind them :|

Have a look at this picture and tell us if any of those boxes are ticked. The HTML one might be ticked or something. There's nothing in your profile I can see but you could check your own profile too. It's odd alright. Maybe we've reached Peak Smilies or something :scratch:

Very glad you're here though :cheers:

Smilie problems Temp27
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Smilie problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smilie problems   Smilie problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Smilie problems
Page 1 of 1