Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 2:30 am

cactus flower wrote:

I came across this today, in a report on Davos:

Quote :
Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus, founder of the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh and the father of microcredit, saw a silver lining in the financial crisis.

“It’s not just disappointment and frustrations,” he said. “This is the greatest moment we have because things need to be changed, it’s as simple as that. We don’t want to go back to the same normalcy that we’re coming from. We will create a new normalcy which will stay and keep on moving and change the world.”

As long as that is based on the full spectrum of Smithian economic principles, then it is something which is workable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 2:39 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Quote :
Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus, founder of the Grameen Bank in Bangladesh and the father of microcredit, saw a silver lining in the financial crisis.

“It’s not just disappointment and frustrations,” he said. “This is the greatest moment we have because things need to be changed, it’s as simple as that. We don’t want to go back to the same normalcy that we’re coming from. We will create a new normalcy which will stay and keep on moving and change the world.”

As long as that is based on the full spectrum of Smithian economic principles, then it is something which is workable.

I suspect we are ready to build on that spectrum in an innovative way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 2:41 am

cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

Quote :

I suspect we are ready to build on that spectrum in an innovative way.

Doesn't really need it, Smith's vision is timeless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 2:51 am

Timeless and enduring, but limited by its essentially mechanical quality, and lacking the analytical incisiveness conferred by Hegelian dialectics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 2:59 am

cactus flower wrote:
Timeless and enduring, but limited by its essentially mechanical quality, and lacking the analytical incisiveness conferred by Hegelian dialectics.

Explain how it is limited by its essentially mechanical quality. Smith's writings on the necessity for the rule of law and his canons of taxation apply universally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:05 am

FAI can't be doing well - Pat Kenny just gave tickets to the Ireland v Georgia match to everyone in the audience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:08 am

Georgia are a strong team ...

Yep, the universe is contracting I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:08 am

I ripped the bath out tonight. No more bath.

Do we have a DIY thread ? Where did you put your room renovation stuff johnfás ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:10 am

Emmmmmmm, not sure, might have been the old Sibín. Certainly didn't have its own thread.

Are you replacing it with a shower or another bath?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:12 am

Dunphy, John Waters and Eoghan Harris on the Late Late

Mother of God we'll never get away from the Great Depression ! The Great Depression Part Deux has invaded the Sibin Reoite - aarrgghh!

Quick,

What's the volume of water in a bath compared to a shower ???

(my shower in Spain broke once for a month and I rigged up a 5 litre canister of warm water that was perfectly sufficient. 5 litres of water would go nowhere in a bath. Bath = dinosaur/Mills and Boon sextoy)
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:12 am

A shower. We only use it as a shower anyway. Not used as a bath for 5 years now so out it went. Looks like a bomb hit the place now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:15 am

You going for one of those amazing contraptions with televisions in it and everything?

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 Thalassor-aska-duo-steam-shower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:18 am

Better hide that shower or NewsBot might fall in love Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:23 am

My bathroom looks like this at the mo.

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 Img_0010

That's where the bath was 10 minutes earlier. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:25 am

Eoghan Harris - "Asking Cowen to apologise for his actions as Minister for Finance is like asking Britain to apologise for the famine"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:28 am

Bit of an issue here at home. It's an old house with only one main bathroom at the moment, could have more if I ever get round to it. I love a long hot bath. However, majority opinion at home seems to be in favour of a shower only. Question

What's the current thinking re bathrooms? Or should I say, what do we think people will want in about 2 years time?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:30 am

Sorry Johnfas, to cut in on Harris, Cowen and the Famine.

How do ye all feel about Harris anyway these days? Didn't Waters have something in the Times in the last couple of days? meant to read.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:32 am

I'm quite happy to feck the bath out Atticus. No body uses it. It's used as a shower tray, so is harder to get in and out of. It's a sefety hazard for the kids with wet floors etc.

If I want a bath I'll sit down in the shower and pretend ...
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:35 am

Jaysus, Dunphy is balling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:37 am

I know... kinda ironic when he's earning as much as the Taoiseach.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:39 am

Dunphy is playing a blinder ...

ps

watch the pay levels of these fellas (like Dunphy) falling over the next while. 10% cut my hole - 10% of what they're earning now more like.

Because people will fuck them off the top of the Titanic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:43 am

In fairness Harris (though I disagree with alot of what he is saying) is right that Dunphy is playing to the gallery. Dunphy loves to get a cheer. But then again, the three of them are all talking nonsense. Dunphy wants the crowd to cheer him, Harris just doesn't have a notion and Waters as usual seems to think he is out in a garden picking some daisies.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:48 am

johnfás wrote:
In fairness Harris (though I disagree with alot of what he is saying) is right that Dunphy is playing to the gallery. Dunphy loves to get a cheer. But then again, the three of them are all talking nonsense. Dunphy wants the crowd to cheer him, Harris just doesn't have a notion and Waters as usual seems to think he is out in a garden picking some daisies.

Excellent recount johnfás. Waters definitely thought it was a Tuesday afternoon someplace else. I think Dunphy's emotional displays are fairly genuine most of the time though. Harris is a feckin plank.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:51 am

John Waters can be airy fairy alright and Harris is in denial again.

Dunphy was being realistic and he's stirring people up with "excititive terror" ?? Lenin condemned this or something.

It's very anti-Parliamentary Democracy of course, rabble-rousing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:52 am

I think RTE does a disservice bringing those three on. They aren't particularly reflective of the mood in the country, none of them are competetent as to the difficulties to give us a proper idea of what is required or how to get out of it.

Then again, I think RTE also does a disservice when they stick an incomprehensible Pete Doherty on at the start of the show as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite   If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

If You're Chillin' - An Síbín Reoite
Page 15 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next