Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding Empty
PostSubject: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 6:02 pm

The Village offer 1K for info on Libertas funding. This is an interesting new development on the Libertas affair. I wonder will it have the same success as the one which led to Ray Burke's imprisonment
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 6:13 pm

If Declan Ganley is on the level, he will come forward and collect the €10,000 himself.

Do you have a link to the Village? Is it on line?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 6:22 pm

No it is just out in the shops , ad on inside cover.

Indeed the Libertas gang could collect the 10K for Christmas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 6:25 pm

Did the planing corruption lads ever pay anything out? Afaik nobody got a penny. Anyone know?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 6:49 pm

Same lads , I think if they paid out they were true to their word and kept it mum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 6:55 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Did the planing corruption lads ever pay anything out? Afaik nobody got a penny. Anyone know?

They offered it to Gogarty, he refused it. They also had people replying claiming they knew the whereabouts of Shergar. This smacks of publicity stunt, all it really shows is that they have no information at all, good, bad, or indifferent, on Libertas' funding, or on alleged non-compliance with SIPO. Time will tell...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 7:50 pm

I agree TA. I don't rate Village. Also, why come out with this just before the Prime Time special - it seems a bit opportunistic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 7:52 pm

There is only the "contribution in kind" by Rivada staff, then? Cookiemonster said he contributed some cash, too.

The 75 million euro wanted for the Pan European campaign will be the test. If it turns out that most of it is a grant, and that I am contributing, I will be pretty sick with whoever drew up those particular regulations.

Why the exclusive focus on the funds and the business past? Ullick McEvaddey supported Mary Harney too and didn't she go on holiday at his expense? Did anyone do a forensic examination of PD funding?

When are people going to start taking Declan Ganley on on his politics?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 7:54 pm

That fund is 17 mil max and there are several other europarties in for their share.

What politics? We only know he wants a 25 page EU constitution and are in league with Eurosceptic far right in UKK and Europe.

FYI I note that Cookie has banned yet another Ganley poster over there I think Primetime has them jittery.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 8:00 pm

I actually thought Village had folded - I haven't seen it for ages and it was random enough in terms of availability in my part of the world all the time.

It will be very difficult to prove non-compliance with SIPO because they weren't in the same category as everyone else - ie, a third party as opposed to a political party and because SIPO regulations are so watery anyhow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 8:09 pm

cactus flower wrote:
There is only the "contribution in kind" by Rivada staff, then? Cookiemonster said he contributed some cash, too.

The 75 million euro wanted for the Pan European campaign will be the test. If it turns out that most of it is a grant, and that I am contributing, I will be pretty sick with whoever drew up those particular regulations.

Why the exclusive focus on the funds and the business past? Ullick McEvaddey supported Mary Harney too and didn't she go on holiday at his expense? Did anyone do a forensic examination of PD funding?

When are people going to start taking Declan Ganley on on his politics?

That's the issue. I don't know where the money came from, I don't know if it is SIPO-compliant, but the SIPO deadline isn't until next Spring, and they have said they will comply with that deadline. SO, in my view, that's that until then. The bigger picture here is about what is motivating certain people who are going after Ganley. They might, in time, turn out to be proven correct on SIPO-compliance, but the real motivation is not being able to take 'no' for an answer. They blame Ganley (correctly, in part, wrongly in part) for the loss of the referendum, so they're on a mission to discredit him. That might or might not be justified, but it's all about being sore that they lost, ultimately. That's not all 'yes' campaigners now, just an obsessive and slightly unhinged few...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 8:11 pm

The Village had folded, there was a thread about it either here or on P.ie. Browne didn't have enough cash to keep it going, and if that's even remotely true he certainly doesn't have the money to dole out to informers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 8:13 pm

SIPO is not the issue for me. It is a red herring which Libertas may be trying to use as a shield

If Rivada paid their wages and if Rivada is owned (in part or in whole) by third parties from outside Europe or if Rivada was funded by a non-european corporation or non-european nationals then that is enough for me to doubt the bone findes of Libertas's anti Lisbon campaign.

At the moment we know there is company called Rivada in the US that sells equipment to the US military and has had Ganley and ex US security personnel on its board. We don't know who owns that company. We know there is another company called Rivada in Ireland which Ganley is involved with and it paid the wages of people who worked for Libertas. We don't know who owns or controls this Irish Rivada company either.

SIPO me ar`se. It's time for Mr. Boucher Hayes to get on a jet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 8:19 pm

Frightened Albanian wrote:
That fund is 17 mil max and there are several other europarties in for their share.

What politics? We only know he wants a 25 page EU constitution and are in league with Eurosceptic far right in UKK and Europe.

FYI I note that Cookie has banned yet another Ganley poster over there I think Primetime has them jittery.

I think there are politics. In fact if there weren't politics I would not be interested. If Ganley was just another wealthy man who wanted to play politics, what would be new about that? If the US wanted to interfere with Irish politics, would they be reliant on a prospect with US First Responder tatooed on his brow?

I've posted at length why I think that what Ganley represents is politically ultra-reactionary and dangerous to society. The political company he keeps is hardly accidental. He has written virulently against Islamic culture and aligns himself with anti-Moslem right wing european parties. He was a strong supporter of the war against Iraq. When that person starts a company apparently dedicated to strike breaking and calls it a political party every alarm bell there is in my head starts to ring.

I voted no against the Lisbon Treaty and am opposed to the development of large, mutually hostile and competitive, capitalist groupings. In the economic circumstances we are in, it is not a question of whether there will be movements of the extreme right, but only what form they will take. In my view, Libertas is one of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 8:28 pm

evercloserunion wrote:
The Village had folded, there was a thread about it either here or on P.ie. Browne didn't have enough cash to keep it going, and if that's even remotely true he certainly doesn't have the money to dole out to informers.

He owed thousands to Michael Smith, the Barrister, and, as part of the agreement with creditors, the 'Village' title was handed over to Smith, along with an agreement to write unpaid contributions to it. It's now a different magazine, openly left-wing and liberal, concentrating less on day-to-day politics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 8:29 pm

Ah, fair enough. Is there a chance that the quality could have improved since it came under new management? Couldn't really get much worse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 8:31 pm

evercloserunion wrote:
Ah, fair enough. Is there a chance that the quality could have improved since it came under new management? Couldn't really get much worse.

The finances certainly couldn't get worse, anyway. Is there anything that Vincenzo has launched that hasn't ended up in the merde?...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 8:39 pm

evercloserunion wrote:

You're in the business yourself?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 8:44 pm

Aragon wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:

You're in the business yourself?
Which business, reading or publishing? I don't publish any magazines myself, though I presume one can have an opinion on a magazine without actually being a publisher. I do, however, know how to read, yes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 8:47 pm

Did Michael Smith take any particular position with regard to the Lisbon Treaty Referendum?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 9:24 pm

[quote="toxic avenger"]
evercloserunion wrote:
It's now a different magazine, openly left-wing and liberal, concentrating less on day-to-day politics.

I haven't seen Village since VB lost control of it, but it certainly appeared to me to be 'openly left-wing and liberal' before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding   The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding Empty

Back to top Go down

The Village offer 10K for info on Libertas funding
Page 1 of 1