Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet


Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Share | 
 

 The Winter Photography Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:29 pm

Squire wrote:
Hermes

Very good photographs. Had a quiet day, out walking, spring will soon be upon us.


Tonys

I read somewhere that starlings are in fact very colourful birds but that the colours are in parts of the spectrum that we cannot see. Sometimes if you look at them you catch just a hint of a rainbow effect. I do like starlings they are all go, full of energy and fun.

You could be on to something there. By increasing the colour saturation on a small area you can see the effect, these are colours that are already there, but in muted form.

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:38 pm

Yep that is it, just a suggestion of a very colourful bird. If you look at them the black never quite looks right. It has a sort of life of its own. They are a really interesting bird. I love to see them in mass swarming at dusk.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:02 pm

Any spring photography yet, Tonys?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Holy crap, great photos tonys. I've been trying to capture birds of late, it's very difficult.

Focus is razr sharp, balance of colour, exp, WB spot on.
Very nice.

Nikkor 200/300mm?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:53 pm

CitiZenJon wrote:
Holy crap, great photos tonys. I've been trying to capture birds of late, it's very difficult.

Focus is razr sharp, balance of colour, exp, WB spot on.
Very nice.

Nikkor 200/300mm?
70-300VR.
I set up a bird table today with the intention of placing my camera right beside it and releasing by remote control, it's the best way I can figure to get really close.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:28 pm

tonys wrote:
CitiZenJon wrote:
Holy crap, great photos tonys. I've been trying to capture birds of late, it's very difficult.

Focus is razr sharp, balance of colour, exp, WB spot on.
Very nice.

Nikkor 200/300mm?
70-300VR.
I set up a bird table today with the intention of placing my camera right beside it and releasing by remote control, it's the best way I can figure to get really close.

I tried photographing a blackbird in a birdbath...













Last edited by CitiZenJon on Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:44 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : birds)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:57 am


Decent shots, the water splashes are very good
I worked on the last one for you, what do you think?
CitiZenJon wrote:
tonys wrote:
CitiZenJon wrote:
Holy crap, great photos tonys. I've been trying to capture birds of late, it's very difficult.

Focus is razr sharp, balance of colour, exp, WB spot on.
Very nice.

Nikkor 200/300mm?
70-300VR.
I set up a bird table today with the intention of placing my camera right beside it and releasing by remote control, it's the best way I can figure to get really close.

I tried photographing a blackbird in a birdbath...

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:04 am

Shocked that's nifty ...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:35 am

tonys wrote:

Decent shots, the water splashes are very good
I worked on the last one for you, what do you think?

cyclops
brilliant,

did you use photoshop/Lightroom?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:28 pm

.


Last edited by tonys on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:41 pm

Jeez tonys, they're good. How did you get the goose ones - did you fly along side them ?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:45 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Jeez tonys, they're good. How did you get the goose ones - did you fly along side them ?
I was a little higher than them to start off with, there's good stuff to be had out there at the Bull wall.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:47 pm

tonys wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Jeez tonys, they're good. How did you get the goose ones - did you fly along side them ?
I was a little higher than them to start off with, there's good stuff to be had out there at the Bull wall.

Bracing, I'd say, today ! What a Face Smile
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:56 pm

Fantastic photos. The second one from the bottom is smashing altogether with the five seagulls in it.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:06 pm

More superb work, tonys. Thanks for sharing. The robin portrait is stunning.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:45 am

Kate P wrote:
nice flower, what is it and to which piece of greenery does it belong?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:54 am

crocus, coming out of the spiky leaves? Surely it is too early for it to be a tulip coming out of the fat ones?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:08 am

Crocus indeed, coming out of the spiky leaves - battered a bit by the hail this morning. The fat leaves are tulips but they won't be up for a little while.

I like the jewelly hail. It caught my attention as I was running out the door this morning and I had to stop and take a picture of it - too mucky and too late to get down on the ground and take it from a better angle though.

My godson was 5 today and I discovered that the iphone takes fabulous pictures - ostensibly much better than my camera, an Olympus which cost me more money than I think it's worth.

I took gorgeous snaps of a very handsome nephew grabbing and cuddling his enormous teddy this evening - the phone seemed to cope much better with the movement than my camera does. I have a whole series of him with his lion/cub (from Lion King or Jungle Book) in different poses and moods. It will be interesting to see the quality when I download them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
The Winter Photography Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Similar topics
-
» 2013-2014 Winter Contest Thread *WINNER-Cooladi*!!
» 2017-18 Winter Discussion thread
» 'Flies in winter' questions
» The Italian Thread
» The Tarot Collectors Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Member Events, Notices-
Jump to: