Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Winter Photography Thread

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

The Winter Photography Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 12:00 am

Greetings all - please feel free to post some photographs in the run up to Christmas of whatever you see about you, robins out in the cold, a few autumn leaves left on the trees, Christmas lights and Christmas trees or whatever you want.

I was in the North of England this weekend and the snow came early! Here are a few snaps:

The Winter Photography Thread A11

The Winter Photography Thread B12

The Winter Photography Thread C11

The Winter Photography Thread D10

The Winter Photography Thread E10
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 4:43 am

I can't post a photo for two reasons.

1- My IXUS-75 is broke - the lens is stuck in the out position. I'm really pissed off coz that's my second camera in 3 years. Evil or Very Mad

2- It hasn't snowed here yet.

johnfás, I love the one of the cast iron bridge. That is a canal under ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 3:56 am

How do you post a photo?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 4:17 am

tonys wrote:
How do you post a photo?

Assuming you've got it on your pc if you open a reply to this and press the icon that is a little screen with a floppy disk, it will allow you to browse and upload a photo from your computer. The address of the image will be shown to you in three formats - I always use the last one and put that in the [img][/img] tags.

There is a little set of instructions here
https://machinenation.forumakers.com/site-development-and-visitors-book-f29/site-toolbox-ii-images-and-video-t582.htm#21881
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 4:44 am

3 from last winter

The Winter Photography Thread 2a11

The Winter Photography Thread 1aa11

The Winter Photography Thread Dsc_0111
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 5:15 am

I like the two silhouettes of trees, where did you take them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 5:25 am

toxic avenger wrote:
Thank you.
They were both taken on the same day not far from my house in West Dublin, about this time last year, I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 11:00 am

I particularly like the middle one tonys. Great composition and framing. The blue mixed with the almost monochrome is stunning. You've a good eye.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 12:38 pm

tonys wrote:
toxic avenger wrote:
Thank you.
They were both taken on the same day not far from my house in West Dublin, about this time last year, I think.

red sky at night, tallaght's on fire!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 3:27 pm

An interesting mix of the old and the new in Leuven, Belgium last week.
The Winter Photography Thread Belgiu15
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 3:35 pm

A nice winter sunset near Claregalway.
The Winter Photography Thread 00310
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 7:05 pm

floatingingalway wrote:
A nice winter sunset near Claregalway.
The Winter Photography Thread 00310

I like this one too, did you use a darkened lens? It's very ethereal (if that's the right word)...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 8:24 pm

Believe it or not I took it with my mobile phone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 8:41 pm

floatingingalway wrote:
Believe it or not I took it with my mobile phone!

Really? It looks very wide-angle and well-focused. That's some photo for a mobile!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 8:42 pm

I call it jammy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 8:48 pm

floatingingalway wrote:
I call it jammy
why have a name for your mobile phone? Will no one talk to you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 8:49 pm

tonys wrote:
floatingingalway wrote:
I call it jammy
why have a name for your mobile phone? Will no one talk to you?

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 5:37 am

The Winter Photography Thread Winter10

Another from the same day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 10:28 am

Stunning photo tonys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 4:30 pm

These are really beautiful photographs.

Its a really fine, sharp, frosty, sunny day here today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 8:04 pm

Taken recently in Moyasta and Kilbaha in West Clare

The Winter Photography Thread Dsc09911
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 8:27 pm

Like the rail track & light house shots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 8:57 pm

I like the silver birches one and the first lighthouse one a lot, auditor.

The last picture you put up is probably the best of that set, tonys, something a bit sinister about it. I'm a bit odd like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 9:07 pm

toxic avenger wrote:
I like the silver birches one and the first lighthouse one a lot, auditor.

The last picture you put up is probably the best of that set, tonys, something a bit sinister about it. I'm a bit odd like that.
Don't I know it. Laughing

It is a bit Wurthering Heights alright.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 9:25 pm

The Winter Photography Thread 510

The Winter Photography Thread 410

The Winter Photography Thread 310

The Winter Photography Thread 210

The Winter Photography Thread 110

This morning from the garden.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Photography Thread   The Winter Photography Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Winter Photography Thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next