Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Christmas Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

The Christmas Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 3:16 pm

Is that legal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 3:19 pm

cactus flower wrote:
I'm resolved to have an entirely home grown or self-caught Christmas dinner.

This will involve attempts at catching a duck.

I will let you know how it goes.
Photos please of the duck catching. Sounds entertaining!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 11:39 pm

http://www.whywearewaiting.com/

The Archbishop of Canterbury's reflections on advent. He is a man who more often than not makes absolute sense, a rare species.

Well worth listening to whether you believe in the underlying religious sentiment or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 11:46 pm

Is he a vegetarian?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 6:13 pm

Aragon wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Aragon wrote:
Horrifying Christmas scam:

Shopping in our local Dunnes Stores this evening we noticed that a chocolate easter bunny had been got up in gold foil livery with reindeer markings...Lindt are the perpetrators of the crime. Still, better than chucking the bunnies I suppose.

Are you sure about this? I've had yummy reindeer every Christmas... - similarly packaged but definitely a reindeer. Did you look insider the foil?

Nothing for it but to open and eat one. Tough work but someone's gotta do it. Get back to you later. Pretty sure of our ground though cause we had some of those bunnies at easter and they were an identical shape.

The great scam that wasn't: the legs on the reindeer were enclosed in deep packaging giving the impression of shorter creatures. I lifted one out and saw our mistake this morning. Top half is still very bunny-like, imo. Apologies to Lindt. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 6:25 pm

Aragon wrote:
Aragon wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Aragon wrote:
Horrifying Christmas scam:

Shopping in our local Dunnes Stores this evening we noticed that a chocolate easter bunny had been got up in gold foil livery with reindeer markings...Lindt are the perpetrators of the crime. Still, better than chucking the bunnies I suppose.

Are you sure about this? I've had yummy reindeer every Christmas... - similarly packaged but definitely a reindeer. Did you look insider the foil?

Nothing for it but to open and eat one. Tough work but someone's gotta do it. Get back to you later. Pretty sure of our ground though cause we had some of those bunnies at easter and they were an identical shape.

The great scam that wasn't: the legs on the reindeer were enclosed in deep packaging giving the impression of shorter creatures. I lifted one out and saw our mistake this morning. Top half is still very bunny-like, imo. Apologies to Lindt. Embarassed

Did you enjoy the chocolate bambi, Aragon Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 6:41 pm

Well we've bought one here in Alicante. The gold Lindt wrapped reindeer chocolate. I'm tempted to check it out(and devour it) but I've been warned off until Christmas. Now that i know its not a bunny, I'm less likely to eat it accidentally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Christmas Thread   The Christmas Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 10:52 pm

#1 For Christmas ? Leona Lewis doing the Snow Patrol song 'Run'.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pcpWQC9prm0

Some dude doing it alone in his bedroom - how do people come up with these chords ? Nicely played, weak voice though. Not bad though.