Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Would you like to see an ethical bank operating here?
Yes
Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland? - Page 4 Vote_lcap90%Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 90% [ 18 ]
No
Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland? - Page 4 Vote_lcap10%Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage

Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland?   Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 1:36 am

cactus flower wrote:
yehbut_nobut wrote:
Anyone heard any more from Triodos recently? I'm going to look further at the idea of a seminar/ info day sometime next year. A society I'm involved in may consider helping to sponsor/ co-host an event. We'll be meeting over the Christmas period, and will of course keep yiz posted.

Im interested too. I see that one of the credit unions is going to provide a debit card. That's good, but its a cheque book that's really needed if someone wanted a business account.
You can't use a chequebook on the internet can you ?

Micro credit is what we need. Donate twenty cents to MN if you have a good day and feel like it etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland?   Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 1:46 am

Hadn't heard about the CU debit card. That would be useful. Do you know which one is introducing it?

I agree about needing a chequebook - at least initiallly in a small enterprise. Many of your clients (especially sole traders) won't be able to accept plastic cards for payments.

Not having a chequebook was part of the reason the Community farm in Cloughjordan decided against a CU account.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland?   Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 1:54 am

yehbut_nobut wrote:
Hadn't heard about the CU debit card. That would be useful. Do you know which one is introducing it?

I agree about needing a chequebook - at least initiallly in a small enterprise. Many of your clients (especially sole traders) won't be able to accept plastic cards for payments.

Not having a chequebook was part of the reason the Community farm in Cloughjordan decided against a CU account.

Its in Cork
http://www.rbk.ie/files/2008081205121312-08-08%20Credit%20Union%20Debit%20Cards%20Final.pdf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland?   Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:31 am

cactus flower wrote:
yehbut_nobut wrote:

Its in Cork
http://www.rbk.ie/files/2008081205121312-08-08%20Credit%20Union%20Debit%20Cards%20Final.pdf

thanks for the link. Very interesting. Would be great if it could be rolled out in other CU's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland?   Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland? - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:43 am