Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Share | 

Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Would you like to see an ethical bank operating here?
Yes
90%
 90% [ 18 ]
No
10%
 10% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland?   Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:36 am

cactus flower wrote:
yehbut_nobut wrote:
Anyone heard any more from Triodos recently? I'm going to look further at the idea of a seminar/ info day sometime next year. A society I'm involved in may consider helping to sponsor/ co-host an event. We'll be meeting over the Christmas period, and will of course keep yiz posted.

Im interested too. I see that one of the credit unions is going to provide a debit card. That's good, but its a cheque book that's really needed if someone wanted a business account.
You can't use a chequebook on the internet can you ?

Micro credit is what we need. Donate twenty cents to MN if you have a good day and feel like it etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland?   Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:46 am

Hadn't heard about the CU debit card. That would be useful. Do you know which one is introducing it?

I agree about needing a chequebook - at least initiallly in a small enterprise. Many of your clients (especially sole traders) won't be able to accept plastic cards for payments.

Not having a chequebook was part of the reason the Community farm in Cloughjordan decided against a CU account.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland?   Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:54 am

yehbut_nobut wrote:
Hadn't heard about the CU debit card. That would be useful. Do you know which one is introducing it?

I agree about needing a chequebook - at least initiallly in a small enterprise. Many of your clients (especially sole traders) won't be able to accept plastic cards for payments.

Not having a chequebook was part of the reason the Community farm in Cloughjordan decided against a CU account.

Its in Cork
http://www.rbk.ie/files/2008081205121312-08-08%20Credit%20Union%20Debit%20Cards%20Final.pdf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland?   Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:31 am

cactus flower wrote:
yehbut_nobut wrote:

Its in Cork
http://www.rbk.ie/files/2008081205121312-08-08%20Credit%20Union%20Debit%20Cards%20Final.pdf

thanks for the link. Very interesting. Would be great if it could be rolled out in other CU's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland?   Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:43 am

" border="0" alt="" />

There seems to be a lot of it about...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland?   Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Did anyone get any feedback from Triodos? Is it time to send them another wave of encouraging emails?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland?   Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:36 pm

floatingingalway wrote:
Did anyone get any feedback from Triodos? Is it time to send them another wave of encouraging emails?

Yes, I did - they said they had a lot of sudden interest from Ireland, and although they said they have no plans to open in have "at this time", the email was encouraging - for various reasons - and there may be developments, but cant post much more here (yet!). Will keep ye informed though. Be assured, there is gathering momentum on this!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland?   Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:18 pm

Update: It's likely there'll be some sort of seminar/ info day later in the spring. Details are forming now, so will keep any news or info posted here as and when I get them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland?   Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:19 pm

yehbut_nobut wrote:
Update: It's likely there'll be some sort of seminar/ info day later in the spring. Details are forming now, so will keep any news or info posted here as and when I get them.

Excellent. At this rate, it might be the only functioning bank in Ireland. There should be intense interest Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland?   

Back to top Go down

Would you like to see an ethical bank operating in Ireland?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4