Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o

Go down 
AuthorMessage

An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o Empty
PostSubject: An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o   An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 1:17 am

tags: http://CraicUCC.webs.com

CRAIC! - The (relatively) new magazine from the Irish soc in UCC

Hello everyone, I hope ye don't mind me plugging our society magazine here do ye? if i pass it off as just suggesting it as a resource for people to learn the language (which it is! Surprised)... and maybe mention something like "oh i must of missed that bit while i was helping translate the charter"... do... do ye think I'll get away with it? Surprised anyway (if there's any strong policy or whatever against it just get rid of it like... it's fine like Suspect )

Tá eagrán nua ár n-irisleabhar le fáil anois.
CRAIC! - Irisleabhar na Cuallachta - an cumann gaelach i gColáiste na hOllscoile, Corcaigh
FÉACH AIR!

Dála an scéil, muna bhfacabhair eagrán #1 ón mí seo chaite, tá sé ANSEO!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Anyway!, we've a new edition of our magazine available now.
CRAIC! - Magazine of An Chuallacht - the Irish language society in UCC
READ IT NOW!

And if ye haven't seen our first issue from last month you can get it...
HERE!

-=-=-=-=-=-
Bígí cinnte chun aon mholadh a thabhairt dúinn! grma Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o   An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 1:19 am

I have one of those stickers on the cover on my laptop just it is UCD Very Happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o   An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 1:25 am

johnfás wrote:
I have one of those stickers on the cover on my laptop just it is UCD Very Happy.

Laptop's are there to be stickerised Very Happy Can't bate a heart that's smiling and gives the thumbs up with "An Ghaeilge" underneath... Better than UCC and UCD together! Surprised Surprised I thought you went to Trinity no?....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o   An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 2:24 am

BuachaillBeo wrote:
CRAIC! - The (relatively) new magazine from the Irish soc in UCC

Hello everyone, I hope ye don't mind me plugging our society magazine here do ye? if i pass it off as just suggesting it as a resource for people to learn the language (which it is! Surprised)... and maybe mention something like "oh i must of missed that bit while i was helping translate the charter"... do... do ye think I'll get away with it? Surprised anyway (if there's any strong policy or whatever against it just get rid of it like... it's fine like Suspect )

Tá eagrán nua ár n-irisleabhar le fáil anois.
CRAIC! - Irisleabhar na Cuallachta - an cumann gaelach i gColáiste na hOllscoile, Corcaigh
FÉACH AIR!

Dála an scéil, muna bhfacabhair eagrán #1 ón mí seo chaite, tá sé ANSEO!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Anyway!, we've a new edition of our magazine available now.
CRAIC! - Magazine of An Chuallacht - the Irish language society in UCC
READ IT NOW!

And if ye haven't seen our first issue from last month you can get it...
HERE!

-=-=-=-=-=-
Bígí cinnte chun aon mholadh a thabhairt dúinn! grma Smile

Tá tú banned ar an bpointe (?) Very Happy

Go raibh maith agat BB - tá CRAIC go hanna cool - is software iontach é

God I'm still at the rudimentary stages with Gaeilge Embarassed - hopefully it's written for the likes of me when I go browsing properly.
That's neat online magazine software - this is how we'll be reading our publications in future I'd say - it's really accessible, intelligent and handy etc. I've been wondering how newspapers and other things are going to evolve and this is the kind of thing we'll be seeing perhaps - pages flicking along like a traditional publication.

Well done!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o   An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 5:58 pm

Love it, Buachaillbeo. Good to hear from you too.
Auditior #9 - is there any way we can link it to the Irish Forum?

Buachaillbeo - is there any way Machine Nation Irish Forum can take out an ad? - special rates in exchange for a link? We need to get our Irish threads buzzing again. bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o   An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 6:28 pm

ye'll give us money Surprised?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o   An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 5:45 am

BuachaillBeo wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Laptop's are there to be stickerised Very Happy Can't bate a heart that's smiling and gives the thumbs up with "An Ghaeilge" underneath... Better than UCC and UCD together! Surprised Surprised I thought you went to Trinity no?....

No, it's the one area which isn't typically Protestant. He went to the Fenian Belfield Polytechnic down the road!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o   An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 1:48 am

Last edited by BuachaillBeo on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o   An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 1:53 am

Quote :
That's neat online magazine software - this is
how we'll be reading our publications in future I'd say - it's really
accessible, intelligent and handy etc.

Ya, issuu's a really good site... There's one called page reader or something like that out as well but I like issuu the best.

www.issuu.com

It's free as well like so you can't bate it! Basically it lets you put PDFs up in the way that you see then with CRAIC!, it's a nice piece of software like.

I don't know if we'll be using software like this to read every publication in time to come... I hope we wont be anyway... it's handy out like, but you can't bate printed copies of papers/magazines etc if you can get a hold of them... I think anyway!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
CRAIC! Eagrán #3 le fáil

Chun an plug a choimeád ag dó... tá eagrán nua ar fáil anois
http://CraicUCC.webs.com

Smile

To keep the plug burning, there's a new issue out now

Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o   An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 3:37 am

Go raibh maith agat. Conas atá tú anois a Bhuachaill ?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o   An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 3:41 am

For anyone who hasn't clicked on it, it's very beautiful software - it's pdf stuff isn't it?

Very very nice - I love the way the pages turn.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o   An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 12:56 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Go raibh maith agat. Conas atá tú anois a Bhuachaill ?

Very Happy

Táim go hiontach, go raibh maith agat a Audi, conas atá tú féin? Very Happy

Quote :
For anyone who hasn't clicked on it, it's very beautiful software and magazine - it's pdf stuff isn't it?

You... you forgot to write that bit Audi... I know it was just a typo so I said i'd put it in for you Wink
Razz

Ya it's a PDF you throw up and you get it back in that way, handy out - especially for the middle pages that should be together but'd come up seperately if you were looking at it as a PDF...

Would be a good site to throw an aul Machine Nation newsletter should someone ever find themselves writing one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o   An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:10 am

Lovely. Did you meet the bawld Des?

Is it difficult uploading the pdf's? Can we do reciprocal ads? we advertise Craic, and you Machine Nation (Do we have an Irish translation of our name???)

That's if Audi didn't mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o   An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 3:09 am

Iris mhaith is ea í, agus tugaim fé deara go ndeinid iarracht scríobh i nGaelainn na Mumhan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o   An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o Empty

Back to top Go down

An bhfuil cead agam dul.. and do a plug? :o
Page 1 of 1