Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Thread on Provocations?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Thread on Provocations? Empty
PostSubject: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 3:06 am

There were arrests in Waterford and Dublin yesterday in relation to the device left outside the Shell building in Dublin. There was then a report that the 2 people in Dublin had been released. Now today this:-

Quote :

12/11/2008 - 23:22:07
An attempt was made to set fire to former Taoiseach Bertie Ahern’s state car tonight.

It is understood newspapers were set alight under the black Mercedes shortly after 8pm while it was parked at the front of St Stephen’s Green shopping centre in central Dublin.

Mr Ahern was in Hughes & Hughes for the launch of author Deirdre Purcell’s new book.

His garda driver was with him at the time.

Dublin Fire Brigade was called to the scene but it is understood the damage to the car was minimal.

A fire brigade spokesman said: “The fire was out when they (firefighters) got there. It was only a slight flame at the side of it.”

A Fianna Fáil spokeswoman said Mr Ahern was later driven from the scene in the car.

A garda spokesman said: “It is a garda car so we will be investigating the incident.”

Gardaí will examine CCTV footage from the area.

All former taoisigh are entitled to a state car and garda driver

We had a discussion on the Shell Building incident but I can't find the thread.

I like the garda statement - if it was Bertie's car would he have been told to take a hike.

If any of this stuff is being done by people who oppose Bertie or Shell then in my view they are bird brains of total foolishness, as this sort of stuff is always counter productive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 3:07 am

They are now saying it was a sleeping bag... if that makes any difference...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 3:08 am

johnfás wrote:
They are now saying it was a sleeping bag... if that makes any difference...

Perhaps the next statement will say that B parked on top of a homeless persons's abode. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 3:10 am

Bertie was nearly burned ? First the banana skin on the stairs now this .. it's very sinister indeed.

Rossport thread with first mention of the Shell - bomb incident.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 3:13 am

It's the lulu's in the bushes Auditor, I swear they're coming at him with smoke and daggers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 3:17 am

johnfás wrote:
It's the lulu's in the bushes Auditor, I swear they're coming at him with smoke and daggers.

Laughing

I'd say Bertie's image doesn't show up in a mirror anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 11:55 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Laughing

If anyone saw "Bertie" the RTE documentary, you will have seen a 1980s shot of him looking at himself in the mirror - with a voice over of an aquaintance saying "I'm sure when he looks in the mirror he says to himself -'should I trust this man?' ''
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 12:02 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Laughing

If anyone saw "Bertie" the RTE documentary, you will have seen a 1980s shot of him looking at himself in the mirror - with a voice over of an aquaintance saying "I'm sure when he looks in the mirror he says to himself -'should I trust this man?' ''

Maybe it was those backbencher kebabs who were responsible for trying to burn him out of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 12:45 pm

They deny planting bombs on Leeson Street (which could kill passers by, including my friends and family), and then they set about setting Bertie's car on fire.

It reminds me of the provos when they refused to recognise the High Court and the Irish State and declared that they were the real Government of Ireland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 8:11 pm

Who is/are 'they' ? The Guards? Shell?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 8:13 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 8:19 pm

johnfás wrote:
Here is they...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/g/archive/2004/09/23/namechange.DTL

Obviously a very dangerous man....

That would be a good article for transition years. Very Happy

Does They have a The or is They a son of a They're
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 9:29 pm

johnfás wrote:
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 9:43 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

You know them, the self appointed arbiters of what is right and wrong and when the law should be respected and when it shouldn't. They, the people Sinn Fein have been "supporting" and championing form the outset. They and all the crusty head the balls who have tied themselves to their cause and their analysis of how the Courts, the planning process and the functions fo Government should be ignored. I don't agree with the Government decisions in relation to off-shore drilling, though I note Norway kick started its industry by incentivising private exploration before later demanding higher cuts and though I note that we currently import gas from Britain so it would be a bit churlish not to share ours. However, I will "stand by the Republic" and never become one of "them".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 11:07 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

You know them, the self appointed arbiters of what is right and wrong and when the law should be respected and when it shouldn't. They, the people Sinn Fein have been "supporting" and championing form the outset. They and all the crusty head the balls who have tied themselves to their cause and their analysis of how the Courts, the planning process and the functions fo Government should be ignored. I don't agree with the Government decisions in relation to off-shore drilling, though I note Norway kick started its industry by incentivising private exploration before later demanding higher cuts and though I note that we currently import gas from Britain so it would be a bit churlish not to share ours. However, I will "stand by the Republic" and never become one of "them".

Tis yourself so?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 12:23 am

Biggest load of twaddle peddled on this site so far. Very P.ieish shite.

This site is quickly going down the tubes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 12:29 am

Jaysus rocky we can't be serious all the time - life is depressing enough in the real world, man. There are plenty of other serious threads around here you know.

(although I swore i wouldn't FF-bash here. Bertie is different though - he's special.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 12:58 am

What, we're supposed to be amused by some Inspector Clouseau type with a superiority complex combined with paranoia?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 1:03 am

I don't think we each need to find every thread on the board either interesting or amusing. If we did I would need to start a degree in Engineering in order to bring about an interest, or at least an understanding, of some of the things discussed around here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 1:07 am

Go for the original, good music but wonder what the French think of it?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 1:08 am

Well, I would have thought that a thread and its post would have some tangible logic.

As my granny said: don't get mad and leave, just leave. Sianora
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 1:11 am

I can understand your frustrations there rocky but I think the thread eventually lived up to it's title Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thread on Provocations?   Thread on Provocations? Empty

Back to top Go down

Thread on Provocations?
Page 1 of 1