Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet


Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Share | 
 

 A Spooky Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:17 am

The water tank in the attic is above my bed, the central heating behind the wall behind my bed and the main bathroom behind the wall beside my bed - people staying over in my bedroom often get freaked out by the noises. Perhaps we just have a particularly normal house.

I would tend to try and find an objective explanation for anything peculiar that I come across.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:17 am

`Twas a good story, Ibis. I`d be the same as you Johnfás, I`d always try to explain things away. I`ve no choice. I don`t believe in the supernatural.


Last edited by anmajornarthainig on Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:20 am

Anybody heard a vixen crying? I defy you to hear that and not think it spooky. It`d make the hair on the back of your head stand up. I remember being in a house once and a robin flew in. I was surprised at myself for being slightly unnerved.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:23 am

I spent two nights in a tent, with no protective barbed wire, in the middle of the Serengetti National Park in Tanzania. Now there is a place for wacky sounds - I found it amazing though, not spooky at all. I'm a dreamer, I love getting into the countryside, hearing peculiar noises and gazing at the stars.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:26 am

You`ll know what I mean if you hear the vixen though. I like the stars as well though. Must sleep out under them more often.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:28 am

Well don't try it in Dublin this evening, I won't be responsible for your getting ill!! Not that you see many stars in Dublin anyway - terrible light pollution.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:48 pm

a vixen got stuck in the underground car park under my apartment last month.

the racket was incredible. it sounded like a baby being tortured with ghostly echos around the car park and coming up the grates.

i knew what it was but i'd say there were a few disturbed nights sleep in the complex that night.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:52 pm

anmajornarthainig wrote:
Anybody heard a vixen crying? I defy you to hear that and not think it spooky. It`d make the hair on the back of your head stand up. I remember being in a house once and a robin flew in. I was surprised at myself for being slightly unnerved.
I find it disturbingly like the sound of a baby being tortured. Not that I have ever heard a baby being tortured but the human mind is a scary place!
Edit:-just noticed zakalwe's post re the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:17 am

floatingingalway wrote:
anmajornarthainig wrote:
Anybody heard a vixen crying? I defy you to hear that and not think it spooky. It`d make the hair on the back of your head stand up. I remember being in a house once and a robin flew in. I was surprised at myself for being slightly unnerved.
I find it disturbingly like the sound of a baby being tortured. Not that I have ever heard a baby being tortured but the human mind is a scary place!
Edit:-just noticed zakalwe's post re the same thing.

That, in itself, is spooky What a Face
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:07 am

johnfás wrote:
Well don't try it in Dublin this evening, I won't be responsible for your getting ill!! Not that you see many stars in Dublin anyway - terrible light pollution.

Talking of visual pollution, I once knew a guy from London who`d never seen a star as a child. One of the best nights of my life was lying out under the stars on a bog looking at a meteor shower. By the way, camping in the serengetti: very cool. You`re an interesting man, johnfás. You`re infinitely more mature than I was when I was twenty three. When I was that age I was still wetting the bed and digging mantraps to catch Santa. You`re way beyond that.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:43 am

anmajornarthainig wrote:
johnfás wrote:
Well don't try it in Dublin this evening, I won't be responsible for your getting ill!! Not that you see many stars in Dublin anyway - terrible light pollution.

Talking of visual pollution, I once knew a guy from London who`d never seen a star as a child. One of the best nights of my life was lying out under the stars on a bog looking at a meteor shower. By the way, camping in the serengetti: very cool. You`re an interesting man, johnfás. You`re infinitely more mature than I was when I was twenty three. When I was that age I was still wetting the bed and digging mantraps to catch Santa. You`re way beyond that.

Did you see Halley's comet the other year, anmajournathainig? I saw it a few times, once on my own from the top of the Blackstairs Mountains on my way home, not a house nor a light to be seen anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:54 am

I think you`re mixing a couple of different comets up there. Is Halley`s comet not the one you see every seventy six years? I did see that one in 86. I also remember seeing the Halley Bob? about five years ago? Apologies if I`m wrong about this.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:14 am

anmajornarthainig wrote:
I think you`re mixing a couple of different comets up there. Is Halley`s comet not the one you see every seventy six years? I did see that one in 86. I also remember seeing the Halley Bob? about five years ago? Apologies if I`m wrong about this.

Your right - Hale-Bopp. It was spendid. I don't think I say Halley's.

I did see an absolute shower of meteors once, when I was driving north at night. It went on quite a long time. I would have thought I was imagining it but the person with me saw it too.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:25 am

I find the darkness and silence of a country night utterly unnerving. Give me house and car alarms, sodium lighting and the sound of a widely-broadcast lovers' tiff any night. I need that to sleep comfortably at night. The country is just too quiet.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:31 am

Do you not find the mystery in that quiet hugely exhilarating, Ard? Perhaps I just spent too much time wandering around dark fields with torches when I was younger. I could easily have fitted into the famous five Very Happy. Pity parents don't let their children do that sort of stuff these days.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:42 am

johnfás wrote:
Do you not find the mystery in that quiet hugely exhilarating, Ard? Perhaps I just spent too much time wandering around dark fields with torches when I was younger. I could easily have fitted into the famous five Very Happy. Pity parents don't let their children do that sort of stuff these days.

It might be, but I'm only very infrequently an overnight visitor at my country cousins, we live less than an hour away so we can visit them in the afternoon and be back by midnight, we don't usually stay over. When we do, I find the sonic vacuum, to carry on my double entendres, a little bit queer.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:43 am

Do you like camping, Ard?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:22 am

floatingingalway wrote:
anmajornarthainig wrote:
Anybody heard a vixen crying? I defy you to hear that and not think it spooky. It`d make the hair on the back of your head stand up. I remember being in a house once and a robin flew in. I was surprised at myself for being slightly unnerved.
I find it disturbingly like the sound of a baby being tortured. Not that I have ever heard a baby being tortured but the human mind is a scary place!
Edit:-just noticed zakalwe's post re the same thing.

That's exactly what it sounds like and, believe it or not, you hear that sound at least a few times a year in London. Foxes are really, really common here now.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:29 am

...does a lost post count as spooky or just incompetent?? Suspect Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:52 pm

Atticus wrote:
floatingingalway wrote:
anmajornarthainig wrote:
Anybody heard a vixen crying? I defy you to hear that and not think it spooky. It`d make the hair on the back of your head stand up. I remember being in a house once and a robin flew in. I was surprised at myself for being slightly unnerved.
I find it disturbingly like the sound of a baby being tortured. Not that I have ever heard a baby being tortured but the human mind is a scary place!
Edit:-just noticed zakalwe's post re the same thing.

That's exactly what it sounds like and, believe it or not, you hear that sound at least a few times a year in London. Foxes are really, really common here now.

I`ve see the city foxes in Galwauy and Dublin too but physically they weren`t a patch on their rural cousins. The culchies were much more beautiful and healthy looking. The same is true of people of course.

Ard: How can you find the beauty and peace of the countryside so disturbing?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:16 am



Lovely evening sky.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:29 pm

Anyone know anyone who has swallowed a brack ring?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:41 pm

johnfás wrote:
Do you like camping, Ard?

When I'm out and proud! Smile
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:09 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Anyone know anyone who has swallowed a brack ring?

Yes, and they nearly choked on it.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:08 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Anyone know anyone who has swallowed a brack ring?

Just admit it. You swallowed a brack ring didn`t you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A Spooky Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
A Spooky Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Italian Thread
» The Tarot Collectors Thread
» Most viewed thread to date
» The crafters topic- post your handiwork here! ( non grazing thread!!)
» The Korean language thread.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Chatter-
Jump to: