Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Vote 12 - Secret Service

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Vote 12 - Secret Service Empty
PostSubject: Vote 12 - Secret Service   Vote 12 - Secret Service EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 11:53 pm

Vote 12 - Secret Service Secret10
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Vote 12 - Secret Service   Vote 12 - Secret Service EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 4:05 am

Could not find any data.

What is this for ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vote 12 - Secret Service   Vote 12 - Secret Service EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 10:14 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
Could not find any data.

What is this for ?

There's been a fair bit of undercover drug busts in Dublin - could it be allocated to that or would that be in the Garda budget ?

700,000 sounds like a very cheap James Bond - maybe it's all about spying on people on the Net and infiltrating forums on the Net...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vote 12 - Secret Service   Vote 12 - Secret Service EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 pm

Could not find any data.

What is this for ?

Monitoring the interweb? Suspect

At today's rates of pay, it probably pays 5 people and their office overheads. They liaise with the British Secret Services, one would assume, who are allowed by agreement to operate here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vote 12 - Secret Service   Vote 12 - Secret Service EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 1:16 pm

We do have a secret service. I think it is called G2 and it is a division of the defence forces. It is surprising that there is a separate budget as I would have thought that it fell under the Defence Forces budget. The secret service referred to here might then be an altogether separate organisation.

Here is a wiki link on G2
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Vote 12 - Secret Service   Vote 12 - Secret Service EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 3:06 pm

Hmmm..

Irish Examiner April 2004

Quote :
Decades of Dáil questions but no real answers:

"The nature of this service is such that, even if I had this information, it would not be in the public interest to give it."

CJ Haughey responds to a question by Gerry L'Estrange.

"The nature of secret service payments is such that to subject them to Dáil scrutiny would defeat the whole object of the expenditure."

John Bruton responds to query by Gay Mitchell.

"The purpose of the secret service is to obtain information necessary for the security of the State."

Finance Minister Charlie McCreevy responds to a question by Trevor Sargent.

"There is no secret service structure in this jurisdiction."

Justice Minister Michael McDowell responds to a query by Aengus Ó Snodaigh.

Source: Dáil record
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vote 12 - Secret Service   Vote 12 - Secret Service EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Do you reckon its just the Dail tea money then?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Vote 12 - Secret Service   Vote 12 - Secret Service EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 8:09 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Do you reckon its just the Dail tea money then?

It may well be.

How can the Dáil vote for it if they don't know what the money is for ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vote 12 - Secret Service   Vote 12 - Secret Service EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 8:28 pm

who's running treadstone? is o'cocklin still running treadstone?

a week ago i was 40 miles away in gorey and someone put a bullet in maire's head.

the tyres on the honda civic were splashy as i was involved in a high speed chase with the garda traffic unit. luckily they had to break off at 6pm for tea in the station.
i could have used my kung fu on gardai attempting to arrest me, but for the whole 5 days on the run i never saw a single one.

ah jaysus, this spy stuff is great lark!

get some sleep pamela, you look tired. calm down pamela i haven't been spying on you at night as you sleep in that fetching red nighdress. put that empty wkd bottle away pamela you might hurt someone. feck better run from this psycho before she rips my liathroidi out!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vote 12 - Secret Service   Vote 12 - Secret Service EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 8:30 pm

I'd say half that 700k is spent trying to keep people from finding out what the secret service is about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vote 12 - Secret Service   Vote 12 - Secret Service EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 8:44 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
I'd say half that 700k is spent trying to keep people from finding out what the secret service is about.

and the other half is for the 50 staff members of the admin dept of the secret service which consists of one secret agent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vote 12 - Secret Service   Vote 12 - Secret Service EmptyThu Oct 30, 2008 9:04 pm

zakalwe wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

and the other half is for the 50 staff members of the admin dept of the secret service which consists of one secret agent.

Would that be M and M and M and M and M?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: Vote 12 - Secret Service   Vote 12 - Secret Service EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 3:04 am

cactus flower wrote:
zakalwe wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

M50 for short ? Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vote 12 - Secret Service   Vote 12 - Secret Service EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 3:16 am

cactus flower wrote:
zakalwe wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

M50 for short ? Shocked
Maybe you've just all made a collective unconscious association between the Secret Service and the way they collect your number plate info in databases as you pass under the toll gate .. Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vote 12 - Secret Service   Vote 12 - Secret Service EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 3:17 am

I was driving back from the airport last week and I got most disconcerted coming across where the toll booth used to be. It is funny how subconsciously I used it as a landmark. With it being completely gone I had to think alot more about where I was!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vote 12 - Secret Service   Vote 12 - Secret Service Empty

Back to top Go down

Vote 12 - Secret Service
Page 1 of 1