Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The delicious thread

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

The delicious thread Empty
PostSubject: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 11:42 pm

I am just in from a meal out during which I had a delicious lemon sorbet. Anyone else have anything delicious lately?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 11:46 pm

johnfás wrote:
I am just in from a meal out during which I had a delicious lemon sorbet. Anyone else have anything delicious lately?

2kg of roses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 11:47 pm

Between how many? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 11:52 pm

I'm on a fast tonight as I have an operation in the morning. I don't know which is worse, the pangs of hunger or the thoughts of the knife! What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 11:54 pm

Hope everything goes well for you floatingingalway. Make sure you have your favourite treat afterwards. sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 11:56 pm

johnfás wrote:
Between how many? Very Happy
me me me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 11:57 pm

Thanks johnfás. I've been shifted to the Galway Clinic through the National treatment fund thingy so I'm guessing the grub will be good. geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 11:58 pm

Keep your fingers crossed - my experience of the Blackrock Clinic, which is apparently our most exclusive, leaves much to be desired. That said I have found all the other ones fine. Never had an operation myself (except as a baby) but having visited people etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:02 am

floatingingalway wrote:
I'm on a fast tonight as I have an operation in the morning. I don't know which is worse, the pangs of hunger or the thoughts of the knife! What a Face
I've never had a operation so I don't know how you are feeling right now but I hope you'll be fine ... the last time I went to a dentist for an extraction he put me on a drip Shocked which was the nearest thing I was ever to an operation. He also attached my finger to a heart monitor so they could see if I flatlined mid-extraction.

I felt like I was in that film Brazil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:03 am

Never knew dentists had drips! Was it a delicious one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:04 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
floatingingalway wrote:
I've never had a operation so I don't know how you are feeling right now but I hope you'll be fine ... the last time I went to a dentist for an extraction he put me on a drip Shocked which was the nearest thing I was ever to an operation. He also attached my finger to a heart monitor so they could see if I flatlined mid-extraction.

I felt like I was in that film Brazil
affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:07 am

I had a terrible day. I worked 16 hours non stop since 4am and ate nothing - nada. Then the problems resolved- I went home and played an hour with my daughter and then played a football match, after which I watched Liverpool draw with Athletico while consuming beers and crisps. If you are what you eat then then I'm totally vacuous. Today in political terms I'm pond scum and a supporter of absolute monarchy. Tomorrow its porridge, vegies and blue fish and back to the noble cause of promoting change to real democracy and freedom for Ireland and Europe!
Unless of course this wage slave gets tied up with work again Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:27 am

sardines on toast watching the Liverpool game (welcome to 4 station land) praying that either they or Man U get fcked out of the champions league asap so I can get to watch either Chelsea or more particularly Arsenal instead, after another 2 hours after work getting abused for being a politico out on the streets of D4.

All this after the Chairman of the company has still refused to sign off on the salaries which are due friday and are now 2 months overdue - fecks sake - at this rate of going sardines will become the Sunday roast and it'll be pasta and tomato sauce for the rest of the week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:37 am

Edo wrote:
sardines on toast watching the Liverpool game (welcome to 4 station land) praying that either they or Man U get fcked out of the champions league asap so I can get to watch either Chelsea or more particularly Arsenal instead, after another 2 hours after work getting abused for being a politico out on the streets of D4.

All this after the Chairman of the company has still refused to sign off on the salaries which are due friday and are now 2 months overdue - fecks sake - at this rate of going sardines will become the Sunday roast and it'll be pasta and tomato sauce for the rest of the week.

Thats crap Edo. Sorry to hear that .
If the contract is not signed in december it will be sardines on toast for me in Spain(Sardines are about the cheapest thing you can get here in Spain). Though if all comes to the worst it will be down to the family house in West Cork and fishing for pollack and mackerel for dinner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:38 am

Up to the family house presumably given your southern location Razz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:46 am

johnfás wrote:
Up to the family house presumably given your southern location Razz.

Yeah your right.Being actually brought up in Kildare I always refer to Cork as being down south. Cant get it out of my head- even after living in Spain!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 12:47 am

I think everyone calls outside Dublin 'down'. I have a few friends from Cavan who always refer to going down to Cavan and up to Dublin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 1:00 am

Respvblica wrote:
Edo wrote:

Thats crap Edo. Sorry to hear that .
If the contract is not signed in december it will be sardines on toast for me in Spain(Sardines are about the cheapest thing you can get here in Spain). Though if all comes to the worst it will be down to the family house in West Cork and fishing for pollack and mackerel for dinner.

Ah Im grand Resv- just unloading a bit - its either here or alcohol - and none of yis want me to go there Very Happy !

Hell Im actually looking forward to it all being over - its like being in a car crash in slow motion - looking forward to putting business and politics behind me for a while - and just go fishing - are the mackerel still running in November?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 1:03 am

floatingingalway wrote:
Thanks johnfás. I've been shifted to the Galway Clinic through the National treatment fund thingy so I'm guessing the grub will be good. geek

Good luck floatingingalway, I'll get our local atheist's chapter to light a candle for you. I'm sure you'll be in good hands. I had a bit of work done recently (*rubs nose*) and my one tip is to have a very good scrub down before you go in, so as not to take any unwanted little visitors in with you.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 1:05 am

Edo wrote:
.... are the mackerel still running in November?

Jaysus, I live about 4 inches from the sea, and I don't even know that. How fuckin useless am I ? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 1:18 am

There ya go EV

All the up to date reports on the movement of mackerel that you will ever need!

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/bulletin%20board/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15763&start=160&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Put in it your favourites now Wink

Looks like the mackerel have will have legged it south like everybody else come November - but the plaice and turbot should be coming in - maybe even a ray or two in the Barrow Estuary - will have to get the big beach rod wiped down - or if I can get some good weather - a bit of cod fishing on the reefs around the salties out of Kilmore Quay.

Last edited by Edo on Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 1:18 am

All will be well, floatingingalway.

Don't give in to the hunger pangs or you'll be violently sick after the anaesthetic. I had my appendix out in a bit of a hurry and was wretchedly, awfully sick because I'd eaten that morning, not expecting to be in hospital.

Apparently I also swore like a sailor at my roommates, five elderly ladies when I was brought up from theatre, though I have no recollection of that.

On a more pleasant note (and thanks for asking, johnfás), I had a yummy salad lately with steak and blue cheese and a creamy dressing that had a taste of chili in it. Scrumptious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 1:20 am

Quote :
Ah Im grand Resv- just unloading a bit - its either here or alcohol - and none of yis want me to go there !

Hell Im actually looking forward to it all being over - its like being in a car crash in slow motion - looking forward to putting business and politics behind me for a while - and just go fishing - are the mackerel still running in November?

Have you gotten to that slightly delirious stage yet Edo, the one that comes just before you get to run away?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 1:28 am

Kate P wrote:
Quote :
Ah Im grand Resv- just unloading a bit - its either here or alcohol - and none of yis want me to go there !

Have you gotten to that slightly delirious stage yet Edo, the one that comes just before you get to run away?

Not yet Kate - still in the tail end of anger (burn the b**t**ds house down) stage, entering total apathy (the phone on my desk can ring and ring all it wants - I couldn't a give a you know what anymore). Part of my brain still thinks we can avoid the worst of this crash - when that last 20% of the contents of my cranial cavity falls in line will be the day it all finally ends and I will run out of the place yelling and screaming madly all the way to the pub and a serious engagment with Jack Daniels as many of his short friends as he can muster!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 1:30 am

Don't worry Edo - things are not so bad - at least the price of crude oil is collapsing ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The delicious thread   The delicious thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The delicious thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next