Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Where do you see the ISEQ trading 1 year from now? i.e. Oct 2009
1000-2000
The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 Vote_lcap50%The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 7 ]
2000-3000
The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 Vote_lcap29%The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
3000-4000
The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 Vote_lcap7%The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
4000-5000
The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 Vote_lcap14%The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 9:43 pm

Feck this nonsense. Let's just equal the ISEQ to one and close it down. All this crashiness is just too depressing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 11:11 pm

cactus flower wrote:
http://www.ise.ie/app/popup_graph.asp?INDEX_TYPE=

The ISEQ is plummeting into uncharted depths this morning. Do we have a link to the banks anywhere?

http://www.sharewatch.com/iseq.php

BOI for 1.60 a share .. at this point it's like a children's shop ...

The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 Shop10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2008 11:29 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:

BOI for 1.60 a share .. at this point it's like a children's shop ...

The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 Shop10

Laughing I'll have a put option on Bank of Ireland for eleventy monies!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 12:08 am

Trying to be smart but I was looking for an image which would counter the Celtic Tiger label -

I wanted to find the image of an antelope being savaged by a tiger to reflect the firesale of heavy machinery which I heard about on the news the other day - it's somewhere on this page - http://www.rte.ie/business/2008/1022/businesstonight.html "RTE 22 Oct 2008 ... Diggers dumped: Foreign buyers have arrived in numbers looking for bargains in machinery, which were once used to construct modern Ireland ..."

The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 Celtic%2Btiger

but I only founds this -

The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 Clipboard1286wc0

Leopard savages croc Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 12:25 am

Well who'da thought it ? What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 6:12 pm

On the ISEQ Poll, should we have a " Will not exist" option?

Also - the votes aren't showing on the Portal - 5 votes here so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 6:39 pm

If there is not rampant inflation, which would make the measurement meaninless, then it will definately be below 1000. A collapse of the Euro is now not a possibility but a probability. That is why Sarkozy is rushing to save his skin. Anyone that thinks he is worried about regular people still havn't figured out why Cowen went to China.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 25, 2008 8:29 pm

youngdan wrote:
If there is not rampant inflation, which would make the measurement meaninless, then it will definately be below 1000. A collapse of the Euro is now not a possibility but a probability. That is why Sarkozy is rushing to save his skin. Anyone that thinks he is worried about regular people still havn't figured out why Cowen went to China.

Rockyracoon has already given an answer to that on another thread. The biggest illusion anyone could have about this is that anyone is in control of financial events.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 11:31 am

Nikkei down over 6%

Quote :
Stockmarkets around the world crashed again today as the prospect of a deep worldwide recession continued to haunt investors.

Fears that the financial crisis is spreading to emerging nations sparked another day of panicky selling, despite speculation of another round of interest rate cuts to try to stimulate the global economy,

As the current crisis sparked by the failure of Lehman Brothers entered a seventh week, Japan's Nikkei index fell 6.4% to its lowest level since 1982, extending its recent slump. It has now lost 20% of its value in the last week.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/oct/27/marketturmoil-creditcrunch

ISEQ down 100 points this morning already -- 2540 ... this isn't funny anymore ... I had a look around at second-hand car ads over the weekend and saw them dramatically lower than what I paid for my yoke a year ago .. it's a great time if anyone wants to pick up bargains alright.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 11:34 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
Nikkei down over 6%

Quote :
Stockmarkets around the world crashed again today as the prospect of a deep worldwide recession continued to haunt investors.

Fears that the financial crisis is spreading to emerging nations sparked another day of panicky selling, despite speculation of another round of interest rate cuts to try to stimulate the global economy,

As the current crisis sparked by the failure of Lehman Brothers entered a seventh week, Japan's Nikkei index fell 6.4% to its lowest level since 1982, extending its recent slump. It has now lost 20% of its value in the last week.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/oct/27/marketturmoil-creditcrunch

ISEQ down 100 points this morning already -- 2540 ... this isn't funny anymore ... I had a look around at second-hand car ads over the weekend and saw them dramatically lower than what I paid for my yoke a year ago .. it's a great time if anyone wants to pick up bargains alright.

Do you know if there is a site anywhere that tracks the Irish banks?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 11:53 am

Have you looked at this one ?
http://www.sharewatch.com/ireland.php

The ISE site as well hasplenty of specific info but I don't know any which tracks the ISE by industry yet.

You'll notice that the oil-based stocks on the ISE are Green ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 12:17 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Have you looked at this one ?
http://www.sharewatch.com/ireland.php

The ISE site as well hasplenty of specific info but I don't know any which tracks the ISE by industry yet.

You'll notice that the oil-based stocks on the ISE are Green ..

That's very good Auditor #9. Is there room for it on the portal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 12:39 pm

It's now just above the ISEQ graph.

This has been the lowest day for the ISEQ since Yahoo! records began back in 1999 - could there be a 1 at the start of the index by the end of the day ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 4:52 pm

If Obama is elected (or for that matter McCain) and goes for a protectionist policy they may close the doors.

Its no good us being an open economy if the rest of the world is protectionist.
Sarkozy is calling for protectionist measures too. The US is bailing out its car makers.

There are big pressures in this crash to make politicians pull the horns in and try to appear to be protecting local jobs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 12:08 pm

Ha! The 9 o'clock news on RTE just said that the iseq had gained 3% but that was nearly an hour ago - don't they have a computer in their offices? If the cutbacks are biting so much could one of the lads there use a phone to get yahoo! from the internet.

By the end of this day there will a bank worth nothing but still on the life support machine. They'll keep this zombie going for another couple of months after that along with a few others I suppose. Pull the plucking fug Brian !

The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 Iseq16
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 1:02 pm

Up 1.14% is now "up nearly 2%". Orwell had some name for this nonsense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 1:07 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Up 1.14% is now "up nearly 2%". Orwell had some name for this nonsense.

Newspeak?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 8:07 pm

Ended up down a percent and a half. Anglo knocked down by 20%.

The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 Iseq18

The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 Iseq17
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 8:32 pm

Why is Anglo down 20%? Will shareholders get anything if there is a forced merger? I thought that you got something if another bank bought you? Did anything happen today that isn't being reported in any of the news websites.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 10:29 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Why is Anglo down 20%? Will shareholders get anything if there is a forced merger? I thought that you got something if another bank bought you? Did anything happen today that isn't being reported in any of the news websites.

Shareholders of smaller banks are not in a good place. Is Anglo not a bank that is owed a lot by developers, and that maybe does not have that much mainstream business besides? The consensus is that the banks are banjaxed in Ireland and if there isn't an injection of capital, everyone else is too. Our government have guaranteed deposits and liabilities, I think, but not shares.
In general, if a company is worth zero, the shares are too. Shareholders can be called on to inject capital, I think Brian has tried that hasn't he? but no-one wanted to do it.

I think the big fish - little fish analogy is coming to pass in all kinds of ways. The small currencies, small countries and small companies are being devoured.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 1:05 pm

Iseq up towards 2700 this morning.

Meanwhile in Germany ..

Probe as VW shares soar over two days
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 1:13 pm

Imagine that, a German engaging in fraud Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 7:58 pm

The ISEQ limbo-danced its way through the day under the 2700 bar. High volumes in Anglo and BOI, whatever that means.

The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 Iseq10

The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 Iseq11

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 8:40 pm

Anglo was up 50% today. It is hard to make sense of all this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 8:45 pm

I didn't realise that stockbrokers carried out their activities on the basis of sense Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000   The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000 - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The ISEQ Thread Part II - Trading below 2000
Page 8 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next