Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS

Go down 
AuthorMessage

SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS Empty
PostSubject: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 3:52 pm

Don't panic.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 3:54 pm

Suspect
Why not ?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:00 pm

Ohhhh. I like the Health Warning. Is that yellow 10E53 ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:19 pm

I like it. I like it a lot, but shouldn't the link be this Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:25 pm

floatingingalway wrote:

Done.

EVM I'll find out what the colour is from the Gimp in a sec Wink. Are you interested in getting some t-shirts printed in this colour with the message bold on it? We could try to flog em online it could make up a few bob for your loss of benefits.

If the text is too small please let me know. If anyone knows the name of the text font for Government health warnings on fag packets please let me know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:26 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
floatingingalway wrote:

Done.

EVM I'll find out what the colour is from the Gimp in a sec Wink. Are you interested in getting some t-shirts printed in this colour with the message bold on it? We could try to flog em online it could make up a few bob for your loss of benefits.

If the text is too small please let me know. If anyone knows the name of the text font for Government health warnings on fag packets please let me know.

Never touchem myself. The smallest fonts are a little small.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:27 pm

Fairly sure fag packets use Arial. I made some fake inserts years ago when I was a puffer.

Audi, I was referring to the RAL colour not the HEX colour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:32 pm

http://www.oireachtas.ie/ViewDoc.asp?fn=/documents/livewebcast/Web-Live.htm&CatID=83&m=o

Link to the Oireachtas - is it feasible to get the budget up live on the Portal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:33 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
floatingingalway wrote:

Done.

Never touchem myself. The smallest fonts are a little small.
I agree about the smallest fonts being a bit small.
Is this any use to you re the text font? - http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/zigaretten/zigarettenschachtelhuellenzeichnung.pdf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:43 pm

What's RAL?
Will Gimp tell me that?

How does the Arial look?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 4:50 pm

RAL is a coulour referencing system for paints, plastics etc. If you were designing a product, say a mobile phone, you would define it's colour in RAL (or sometimes Pantone)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 9:05 pm

Site really slow for me this evening - are works still underway?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 9:23 pm

O.K. for me. Slow for Zhou this morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 12:23 pm

Dail TV still runs automatically in the latest discussions page. Can it be made into a lin instead?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 12:33 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Dail TV still runs automatically in the latest discussions page. Can it be made into a lin instead?

I think this put pressure on connections to the site yesterday - it did for me and possibly for Kate too. I've switched it off where it automatically started on pageload - see if that is better for you.

I've also put a link there and I can comment out the TV code completely if it's still slowing things down just let me know.
Thanks.

Edit
Feck it I just commented it out completely even though it was lovely code.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Ex

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 12:51 pm

Did anyone notice the site bombed yesterday during the budget for about 2 minutes - critical error ?

It was the same on other forumation sites.

My processor skipped a clock cycle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:06 pm

I couldn't access the site and had to rely on the Pin and P.ie. Why other forumotion sites were out I don't know but many have been down over the last few days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:13 pm

I noticed the 2 minute bomb out. Auditor couldn't get on for a good while whilst everyone else could - very odd.

Thanks for the Dail link- potentially, is it can be silent unless sound switched on, that is a fantastic feature, that could encourage people to watch the Dial and Committees and comment on them, but it obviously is not risking the normal functioning of the site for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:15 pm

Latest Discussions loading much quicker and my colleagues have stopped hassling me to brighten up their day with my amazing impressions of Leo Varadker and Brian Cowen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:25 pm

Zhou_Enlai wrote:
Latest Discussions loading much quicker and my colleagues have stopped hassling me to brighten up their day with my amazing impressions of Leo Varadker and Brian Cowen.

So sorry to not be able to see them. Very Happy

My husband does and amazing McCain that makes me fall over laughing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 3:34 pm

I hadn't realised about the Dáíl link yesterday but when I went to open another piece of audio and turned the sound up, I was wondering why I sounded uncannily like Eamon Gilmore - had to shut off this place at that stage.

Site much faster today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS   SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS Empty

Back to top Go down

SITE WORKS IN PROGRESS
Page 1 of 1