Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The "I LIKE..." thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 1:59 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
If you had b******* they'd be frozen off tonight Kate.

Is anyone into astronomical photography? Thinking of getting into it as a hobby (I was looking at that moon earlier) but I'd say the cost would be ..

The cost would be worth it - but maybe you can rent equipment for a little while to see if you enjoy it before committing to it fully.

Fortunately for me, it's a beautiful night in the Midlands - I was sitting out for a little while just now and returned indoors with all my bits intact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 2:19 am

Sitting on the pier in Dunmore East, just as the sun goes down in late summer. Then wander back up to the pub, have a few pints and put the world to right with friends. Has to be done once a year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 2:23 am

Auditor #9 wrote:
If you had b******* they'd be frozen off tonight Kate.

Is anyone into astronomical photography? Thinking of getting into it as a hobby (I was looking at that moon earlier) but I'd say the cost would be ..

Steady on with that staring at the moon carry-on! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 2:34 am

My daughter.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 2:38 am

Ahhhhh...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 9:13 pm

Tiramisu - which I am consoling myself with in a cosy restaurant after a horrible day.

I had the best Tiramisu ever in a café in Florence not far from the Uffizi gallery where the owner brought out a huge dish and spooned it into our bowls.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 9:21 pm

Tiramisu is loverly, sure enough.

I like my bed. I really didn't want to get out of it this morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 9:32 pm

Quote :

Me too. I didn't get out of it yesterday until 6pm when I had to be somewhere else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 9:35 pm

Kate P wrote:
Quote :

Me too. I didn't get out of it yesterday until 6pm when I had to be somewhere else.

*jellis*

I didn't get out of mine until, oh... 7.30 this morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 9:37 pm

holidays by the sea sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 9:56 pm

cactus flower wrote:
holidays by the sea sunny

Holidays.

I think I remember what they are?

Any suggestions where I might go this year? I'm thinking DC later this year, for the culture and museums and I'm a politics nerd. That or a week somewhere hot, I was considering Namibia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 10:03 pm

I also like this...

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 Rolex-milgauss-watch-3

It's a Rolex Milgauss and the James Bond fan/gadget fiend in me has me horribly and pointlessly attracted to an antimagnetic watch.

I was playing with on in Wiers and I totally want one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:32 pm

How about this: finding money unexpectantly in the pocket of some old item of clothing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 7:34 pm

I like when you get a phonecall from a company offering you an interview that you weren't expecting to get cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 7:35 pm

johnfás wrote:
I like when you get a phonecall from a company offering you an interview that you weren't expecting to get cheers

OOOooh cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:16 am

905 wrote:
How about this: finding money unexpectantly in the pocket of some old item of clothing.

That is very true. I was going to the shop on Tuesday and I was scrabbling around my pocket and et voila, a tenner came out of my pocket the provenance of which is entirely a mystery to me. I bought myself nice stuff with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:23 am

johnfás wrote:

That sounds wonderful Johnfás - hope it's rather fabulous and they want to give you lots of money.

And, AT, I'm glad you bought yourself nice things with your mystery tenner.

That every day should have its magic moments....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:25 am

Kate P wrote:

And, AT, I'm glad you bought yourself nice things with your mystery tenner.

That every day should have its magic moments....

Thank you very much, I got myself the paper, nice mineral water(Aqua Panna, brilliant stuff, Italian mineral water is the best.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 1:22 pm

I think I have filled the "I hate..." thread with plenty of hatred. It is time for the johnfás redress board to commence its work.

I like this forum. It makes a nice change to engage in open and educated debate without people resorting to abusive messages.

I like weekends. I am looking forward to this weekend very much. I do wish the sun would come out a bit more though. This evening I am going to go for a walk with my girlfriend and then we're going to have some schoolfriends over to her house. On Saturday evening I am going out for dinner with friends from my undergraduate degree. One of them is doing a Masters at the University of Warwick - we're meeting up because he is home. On Sunday I am going to a surprise 21st birthday party for another friend. I have no idea what to give.

I like that it is nearly lunch time which means I can meet one of my best friends and share all our news. He'll try to educate me on the subject of Electronic Engineering. I'll explain to him the intricacies of political science, or tell him all about a period of history. If that fails to amuse him I'll tell him about law... what I now do.

I like the fact that I got offered an interview for a summer internship in a big law firm. Apparently they offer most people who get onto the programme a fulltime contract once they have completed their exams. I fear interviews.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 2:19 pm

johnfás wrote:
I think I have filled the "I hate..." thread with plenty of hatred. It is time for the johnfás redress board to commence its work.

I like this forum. It makes a nice change to engage in open and educated debate without people resorting to abusive messages.

I like weekends. I am looking forward to this weekend very much. I do wish the sun would come out a bit more though. This evening I am going to go for a walk with my girlfriend and then we're going to have some schoolfriends over to her house. On Saturday evening I am going out for dinner with friends from my undergraduate degree. One of them is doing a Masters at the University of Warwick - we're meeting up because he is home. On Sunday I am going to a surprise 21st birthday party for another friend. I have no idea what to give.

I like that it is nearly lunch time which means I can meet one of my best friends and share all our news. He'll try to educate me on the subject of Electronic Engineering. I'll explain to him the intricacies of political science, or tell him all about a period of history. If that fails to amuse him I'll tell him about law... what I now do.

I like the fact that I got offered an interview for a summer internship in a big law firm. Apparently they offer most people who get onto the programme a fulltime contract once they have completed their exams. I fear interviews.

Congratulations Johnfás, that all sounds good. My tricks for interviews are -
1. be memorable: wear one small item that is distinctive but not jokey (harder for men).
2. put yourself in the place of the people who are interviewing you. They may be nervous, bored, distracted etc etc. Give them your full focus as you would a shy person in a party. Make them confortable - a little joke usually relaxes everyone .
3. Smile, and mirror body language a bit.
4. They want to be able to boast about who they have appointed. Make sure they have something special they can say about you. Very Happy

Its always worked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 3:04 pm

Kate P wrote:
Quote :

By that of course you mean your own respective bed, and not cookie's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 9:10 pm

Good God! You wouldn't wish an auld one like me on poor CookieMonster?!

Pity he's not here, though. Everyone's a CookieMonster fan - he's good fun and has a strong sense of justice. I don't always agree with it but admire and respect it.

It's sad that he wasn't feeling the love here. But I do hope he comes back. I think we all do.

Ah well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 9:32 pm

Yeah me too, it added the kinda flare we look for in this place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 10:46 pm

I quite like "The Now Show" and I'm listening to it, well, now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 12:24 am

What is it AT?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "I LIKE..." thread.
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next