Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The "I LIKE..." thread.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 11:16 pm

I like rainy afternoons. They're quite atmospheric.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 3:36 pm

I like crows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 3:52 pm

I like the sound of rain, it's very soothing. Last night's sonorous down-pours were particularly beautiful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 6:08 am

1. Yes rain is excellent but specifically the sound of rain on leaves / trees.

2. Any special piece of music depending on one's mood - I can't beat St M. Passion but attended John Eliot Gardiner conducting his Monteverdi Choir singing Brahms' Requiem earlier this year .... agh, complete heaven Very Happy

3. Do you know, one of the digital radio stations went bust here recently and was replaced by a station broadcasting ... birdsong! Nothing else, just birdsong. And it is a HUGE success - and very enjoyable.

4. A new / 2yr experience for me - digging up and then eating veg planted by oneself ... esp. beetroot and sweetcorn, which tastes nothing like what's sold in the supermarkets. Sooo much tastier - yum.

Last edited by Atticus on Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 6:11 am

I like Tunnock's Caramel Wafers. They are truly Scotland's finest export.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 6:16 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Agreed, A-T.

Yum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 6:18 am

Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Agreed, A-T.

Yum.

Have you ever had them with another favourite of mine, tea? The heat of the tea melts the caramel and makes the whole experience quite heavenly. I haven't got a sweet tooth, I've 32!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 6:25 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

Agreed, A-T.

Yum.

Have you ever had them with another favourite of mine, tea? The heat of the tea melts the caramel and makes the whole experience quite heavenly. I haven't got a sweet tooth, I've 32!

Really? Another pair of Tunnock's fans...well, I never.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 6:29 am

Confession time: I'm not a tea drinker. I didn't want to say it sooner in case I was evicted but now that I've squatter's rights I think I'm safe enough.

I do like Earl Grey on occasion (reminds me of happy times spent in Sweden with a wonderful couple. I think of them every day because I designed part of our kitchen to mirror theirs) but rarely. Earl Grey and a Swedish cinnamon bun on a rainy afternoon is one of life's greatest pleasures.

And I'm not a coffee drinker either. Usually it's hot water or, occasionally mint or verbena tea.

And now that you've got me thinking of tea and cinnamon buns I've just reminded myself that I have to bake a birthday cake for my nephew for today ... in the shape of a Case International Tractor.

But the caramel wafers are sublime - a confectionary miracle really, with all those layers and the thinnest layer of chocolate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 6:41 am

NOT a tea drinker!??! What a Face Shocked pale ... not even a coffee drinker? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 6:42 am

I confess it is so.

But I'm not leaving Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 6:47 am

Kate P wrote:
I confess it is so.

But I'm not leaving Twisted Evil

oh okay, fair enough! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 6:52 am

good night! Sleep

Morning chorus will start soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 7:05 am

The moon tonight is beautiful.

It's not often we see one of these but, even on its side, it's rather lovely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 11:16 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:

mmmm and ..

The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 Teacake

Kate P wrote:
Confession time: I'm not a tea
drinker. I didn't want to say it sooner in case I was evicted but now
that I've squatter's rights I think I'm safe enough.

And I'm not a coffee drinker either. Usually it's hot water or, occasionally mint or verbena tea.

God
almighty - where do you get your caffeine buzz Kate? Caffeine is even
good for you, I'm sure. You might have to explain yourself in case
someone else asks.

God...

Last edited by Auditor #9 on Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:14 pm

I'm high on life - and chocolate... Embarassed

... and bad as things are now, I'd never sleep at all if I was a coffee drinker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:34 pm

You weren't listening to Pat Kenny yesterday morning? O god they were talking about chocolate ... all types of high-cocoa content healthy rose-petal and other herb infused chocolate... my mouth was watering... I had to go out and buy a slab of 70% cocoa-content Lindt... it's the sugar that's bad in the other shite they say... it makes you high and then dopey.

But really, we should start a chocolate appreciation thread ...

Politics my arts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Kate P wrote:
Confession time: I'm not a tea drinker. I didn't want to say it sooner in case I was evicted but now that I've squatter's rights I think I'm safe enough.

You're...not...a tea drinker? Ah, Kate, you've broken my heart with that. Sad While I was un-gentlemanly in telling users outside my rugby team of drinking buddies to fvck off, I had no reservations in having a cuppa with yourself. I had it all planned out. In town, in Bewleys, with freshly-shook tea leaves in a strainer with freshly-boiled water pouring through. We could share a love divine in Tunnock's chocolate and be confident in the knowledge that the second cup would taste even better than the first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 10:40 pm

I like a nice pear.

Careful now.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 5:13 am

I like retaliatory strikes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 2:00 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
I like retaliatory strikes.

Then you'll love Tel aviv.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 11:53 am

I like warm paper straight from the printer. I don't like it when smoke comes out of the printer though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 11:54 am

I like Machine Nation!

It had to be said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 1:52 am

The moon is gorgeous tonight - you could curl up in it and go to sleep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 1:55 am

If you had b******* they'd be frozen off tonight Kate.

Is anyone into astronomical photography? Thinking of getting into it as a hobby (I was looking at that moon earlier) but I'd say the cost would be ..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I LIKE..." thread.   The "I LIKE..." thread. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "I LIKE..." thread.
Page 2 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next