Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Dingle Maths Project

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Dingle Maths Project Empty
PostSubject: Dingle Maths Project   Dingle Maths Project EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 7:13 pm

We are due to lift off at 16.00 on the first of November, then bad education and ignorance will be a thing of the past. All the talk of economic crisis is just a mirage, those guys who supposedly run the global financial system just don't know how to add. I and my students are going to show them. If you know anyone who might be interested direct them to the page below.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dingle Maths Project   Dingle Maths Project EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 7:44 pm

TheGeniusFromCork wrote:
We are due to lift off at 16.00 on the first of November, then bad education and ignorance will be a thing of the past. All the talk of economic crisis is just a mirage, those guys who supposedly run the global financial system just don't know how to add. I and my students are going to show them. If you know anyone who might be interested direct them to the page below.

What an exciting site TGFC !!!! bounce I've had a good mooch around and there and played with the creativity tools. I will be going back to see if I can learn about vedic computation. Question

Many congratulations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dingle Maths Project   Dingle Maths Project EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 9:02 pm

TGFC,

having trouble accessing your site. very very slow to upload.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dingle Maths Project   Dingle Maths Project EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 9:22 pm

TheGeniusFromCork wrote:
Nice little site - you've been busy! Very ambitious what you're doing but good luck. Have you got any victims for this yet and how are the practicalities of it going - accomodation, transport etc. for 40 bloody teenagers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dingle Maths Project   Dingle Maths Project EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 9:58 am

cactus flower wrote:

What an exciting site TGFC !!!! bounce I've had a good mooch around and there and played with the creativity tools. I will be going back to see if I can learn about vedic computation. Question

Many congratulations.

Get back there quick cf, you might need the techniques contained on the Vedic Maths India Forum Blog. See how many of them should be taught to politicians, economists and commentators, in light of today's budget. There is a link in the Knowledge Lounge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dingle Maths Project   Dingle Maths Project EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:44 pm

I need to give this some time TGOC. I was maths blind as a child and have a lot of catching up to do. I wonder are there any other posters out there who would be interested in a maths learning thread, with the idea of overcoming fear of numbers and learning to use them with skill and flair ?Cool flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dingle Maths Project   Dingle Maths Project EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 2:23 pm

cactus flower wrote:
I need to give this some time TGOC. I was maths blind as a child and have a lot of catching up to do. I wonder are there any other posters out there who would be interested in a maths learning thread, with the idea of overcoming fear of numbers and learning to use them with skill and flair ?Cool flower
That doesn't surprise me. It took me about four years before I became comfortable with the techniques. What really changed it for me was when I started to use Irish in developing my skill and understanding. I found that the initial inhibitions started to melt away. That is why I place such emphasis on developing the techniques in the mother tongue of many nations, not only Ireland. In a sense it is a little bit like the work I did on what I call Spruschaint, where I developed the ability to write software completely in the Irish language, and then by using both English and Irish any conceptual difficulties could be resolved very easily. In relation to the computational techniques the Irish is very simple, and builds up in sophistication as the students advance in their knowledge. In this respect we are in fact very lucky as a nation because of the very strong correlation between Irish and Sanskrit, the language of the vedic sutras. In time, in a fairly short time after our opening, I intend to make an on-line course available for adults and early school leavers who wish to take it. At present, as you can understand, my whole focus has to be aimed at promoting the concept and developing the detailed plans for our opening. There is a lot of work to do there and I am inviting people to collaborate in whatever way they can. Details are contained in the Planning Lounge. I only posted the link to the Vedic Mathematics Forum India Blog to give those who have no idea of what Vedic Mathematics is an opportunity to sample some of the techniques. In time I will use some of this material as a means of developing a very structured approach. You may also be interested in the audio messages, which give a slightly different approach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dingle Maths Project   Dingle Maths Project Empty

Back to top Go down

Dingle Maths Project
Page 1 of 1