Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Tricky Pub Quiz questions.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage

Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 3:08 pm

riadach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
riadach wrote:
johnfás wrote:
Soul friend? I am just going on what the two words mean, not on whether there is an additional meaning when you put them together Razz.

You are indeed, there is.

I was going to try "Spirit Guide", like the Native Americans, but I haven't done too well at your quizzes so far, Riadach. silent
Well thankfully no one has mentioned soulmate, which was the obvious wrong answer, though Johnfás did come very close.

Wrong, but in a non-obvious way then is it? Surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 3:20 pm

cactus flower wrote:
riadach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
riadach wrote:
johnfás wrote:
Soul friend? I am just going on what the two words mean, not on whether there is an additional meaning when you put them together Razz.

You are indeed, there is.

I was going to try "Spirit Guide", like the Native Americans, but I haven't done too well at your quizzes so far, Riadach. silent
Well thankfully no one has mentioned soulmate, which was the obvious wrong answer, though Johnfás did come very close.

Wrong, but in a non-obvious way then is it? Surprised

Basically, yes. lol. Anamchara is a word frequently used by neo-celtic pagans and new age book writers to describe a soulmate. That, however, is a neologism, and is not its original meaning at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 3:38 pm

Does it mean twin ? Or Guardian Angel ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 3:39 pm

Priest?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 3:41 pm

I'm going with some sort of Soul/Spiritual Advisor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 3:43 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Priest?
Beat me to it. Yes. Confessor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 6:36 pm

coc wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Priest?

Not sure your confessor had to be your priest, but yes confessor is the answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 7:07 pm

riadach wrote:
coc wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Priest?

Who else would a good Gael confess to? The wife? I wouldn't recommend it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 10:37 pm

Which are the only two entirely flat race-courses in Ireland?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 10:46 pm

Define Ireland. I think I know of two North and two South.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 10:51 pm

johnfás wrote:
Define Ireland. I think I know of two North and two South.

Well, we'll go with the Republic on this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 10:52 pm

Cork and the Curragh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 11:03 pm

johnfás wrote:
Cork and the Curragh?

Cork? To my mind that doesn't count.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 11:04 pm

Hmmm, got that one wrong then Razz. The Curragh anyway!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 11:07 pm

johnfás wrote:
Hmmm, got that one wrong then Razz. The Curragh anyway!

Razz really is your favourite avatar, isn't it? I like it, it gives you a winning cheeky chappy persona. Guess the county where the other one is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Is it leopardstown? I should really know if it is because I know the daughter of the course manager.

I'm not much into racing myself but I have been to Leopardstown on a few occasions for the fun of it. More into show jumping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 11:14 pm

johnfás wrote:
Is it leopardstown? I should really know if it is because I know the daughter of the course manager.

I'm not much into racing myself but I have been to Leopardstown on a few occasions for the fun of it. More into show jumping.

No, it's not Leopardstown johnfás, but that is a particularly fine racecourse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 1:25 am

coc wrote:
riadach wrote:
coc wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
Priest?

Who else would a good Gael confess to? The wife? I wouldn't recommend it!

His T.D.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 2:03 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Laytown beach?

Did I miss the answer to the Donegal town question? Still curious to know.

Last edited by yehbut_nobut on Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:04 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fix quote)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 2:18 am

yehbut_nobut wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
johnfás wrote:

Laytown beach?

Did I miss the answer to the Donegal town question? Still curious to know.

Richtig yehbut_nobut!!! Maith an fear!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 2:05 pm

to close off one of my old questions:

a skulk of foxes!

whats the answer to a group of unicorns?

the NASA shuttles were:
columbia, challenger, discovery, endeavour (notice some americans can spell correctly!!!), atlantis and the prototype enterprise (was initially to be named constitution but renamed after huge mail campaign from star trek fans (truely their greatest moment in their pathetic lives!).

next question:
6 countries with only one syllable in their name. name them!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 2:12 pm

France, Spain, Chad, Greece

That is all I can think of thus far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 2:28 pm

johnfás wrote:
France, Spain, Chad, Greece

That is all I can think of thus far.

very good! 2 to go!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 2:31 pm

Is Wales included? Now there is a political question Razz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 2:34 pm

Loas?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tricky Pub Quiz questions.   Tricky Pub Quiz questions. - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tricky Pub Quiz questions.
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next