Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:16 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
ibis wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
ibis wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
ibis wrote:
He won't bark grammatically either, on current form....
Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 Comput10

Do not provoke the pedant!

Is it knockabouterry or knockaboutry? mein obergrubenfuhrer

Well, it's obergruppenfuhrer, anyway, and most likely knockaboutery. Crikey, do you need someone to hold you up while you go for the other foot?

You're in a cruel mood tonight, ibis.

And there is an umlaut missing

How clever of you to spot these tiny errors. Such a üseful skill, one would imagine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:19 am

ibis wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
ibis wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
ibis wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
ibis wrote:

Well, it's obergruppenfuhrer, anyway, and most likely knockaboutery. Crikey, do you need someone to hold you up while you go for the other foot?

How clever of you to spot these tiny errors. Such a üseful skill, one would imagine.

Obergruppenfüher is also missing a capital O ...

It's a noun, you see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:19 am

It is a noun, you are quite correct in pointing that out, ibis.

Is this the most off-topic thread Machine Nation has, or will ever, have?

Last edited by Ard-Taoiseach on Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:20 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
It is not a noun!
What is it then, pray tell Kate P who was a German teacher in a previous life...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:21 am

Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
It is not a noun!
What is it then, pray tell Kate P who was a German teacher in a previous life...

Es tut mir leid, Kate P. I wrote with undue haste, I shall correct my remarks accordingly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:24 am

Hmm. Those posts seem a little scrambled. Has one of mine disappeared?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:25 am

Kate P wrote:
ibis wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
ibis wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
ibis wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
ibis wrote:

Obergruppenfüher is also missing a capital O ...

It's a noun, you see.

And his spelling of useful leafs a lot to be desired
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:25 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
It is not a noun!

Es tut mir leid, Kate P. I wrote with undue haste, I shall correct my remarks accordingly.

There's a good boy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:27 am

Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
It is not a noun!

There's a good boy.

Poor A-T - and he thought I was being cruel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:31 am

ibis wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
It is not a noun!

There's a good boy.

That's because you were, ibis.

My judicious use of praise merely highlights your despicable (but of course ultimately redeemable) callousness Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:38 am

Kate P wrote:
ibis wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
It is not a noun!

There's a good boy.

That's because you were, ibis.

My judicious use of praise merely highlights your despicable (but of course ultimately redeemable) callousness Very Happy

Actually, I'm generally considered irredeemable by those who know me best. Despicable and callous, of course, goes without saying for an AI.

Anyway, 'spare the rod and spoil the child'. I am only being cruel to be kind (except where I'm being cruel for fun, obviously).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:43 am

I believe David Hasslehof's Knight Rider car Kit has been known to have similar feelings.

I'm sure there's an AIA meeting you could go to to talk it all through...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:45 am

Kate P wrote:
I believe David Hasslehof's Knight Rider car Kit has been known to have similar feelings.

You are dogging a fled horse
Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 Deadho10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:50 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Kate P wrote:

I don't suppose anyone here saw that play - Kicking a Dead Horse - with Stephen Rae and written by Sam Shephard. Brilliant, brilliant piece of theatre.

(is it safe to assume that this thread is so off course now that wild (live) horses won't bring it back?)

Great emoticon Seathrún.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:57 am

Kate P wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Kate P wrote:

I don't suppose anyone here saw that play - Kicking a Dead Horse - with Stephen Rae and written by Sam Shephard. Brilliant, brilliant piece of theatre.

(is it safe to assume that this thread is so off course now that wild (live) horses won't bring it back?)

Great emoticon Seathrún.

That was my machivellian ploy from the start to lure the regulars in for the row. I learnt it from my local publican
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 2:11 am

This thread is Crackajack McCrackerson at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 2:15 am

This thread had a topic? My word.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 2:16 am

ibis wrote:

Your word is obnubilate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 2:18 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
ibis wrote:

Your word is obnubilate.

Did you get Foyle's Philavery at Christmas too, A-T?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 2:22 am

Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
ibis wrote:

Your word is obnubilate.

I might've.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 2:23 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
This thread is Crackajack McCrackerson at the moment.

As stew would have said "Catch a cabbage"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 2:24 am

Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
ibis wrote:

Your word is obnubilate.

It's true. I do like that word. Mind you, it ineluctably suggests something entirely inappropriate to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 2:26 am

I like postulate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 2:27 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
I like postulate.

What, talking out your arse?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 2:29 am

ibis wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
I like postulate.

What, talking out your arse?

And the trap springs a catch! Mwahahahahahaha!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry   Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nocturnal Nonagenerian Knockabouterry
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: The Laughter Lounge-
Jump to: