Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet


Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Share | 
 

 Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]   Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:09 pm

What do the children think of this story?

Has hanging with Sir Anto and Páidí gave him ideas for eternal greatness?

You'd think he would have at least checked the spelling.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]   Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:12 pm

What's the Irish for disgraced? As long as he prefaces it with that I have no issues.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]   Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:15 pm

unaligned wrote:
What's the Irish for disgraced? As long as he prefaces it with that I have no issues.

"Iar-Thaoiseach Náireach" mar a ghlaofar air ón lá seo amach (as he will henceforth be refered to)


Last edited by SeathrúnCeitinn on Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]   Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:16 pm

'Bertie' is the only title he'll ever popularly have. It's up there with 'Garret the Good' and 'The Great National Bastard'.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]   Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:33 pm

I don't see why he thinks we'll be referring to him as anything. He is going to shrivel into obscurity following Mahon.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]   Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:38 pm

johnfás wrote:
I don't see why he thinks we'll be referring to him as anything. He is going to shrivel into obscurity following Mahon.
You're forgetting he has half an eye on the guest-speaker circuit, m'boy. He's just the type to go on a never ending farewell tour.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]   Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:41 pm

905 wrote:
johnfás wrote:
I don't see why he thinks we'll be referring to him as anything. He is going to shrivel into obscurity following Mahon.
You're forgetting he has half an eye on the guest-speaker circuit, m'boy. He's just the type to go on a never ending farewell tour.

Pah!

He'll last a year on it. It is my adamant belief that there is not the level of interest in hearing him speak as RTE and that would have you believe. He'll be welcomed to speak at the odd event on Northern Ireland and then I suppose there is always the Builder Federation's annual conference!

This notion that he is going to be like Bill Clinton travelling the world giving motivational speaking with people paying a fortune to hear him is a load of nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]   Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:44 pm

Well can't a man dream?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]   Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:46 pm

This lady would have to settle for a silver medal at the World Brass Neck Games.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]   Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:48 pm

905 wrote:
Well can't a man dream?

Absolutely, he could write a sequel to PS I Love you with the imagination he has demonstrated in the recent past.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]   Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
avatar

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]   Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:03 pm

He can call himself whatever he likes. I'll still call him what I've been calling him thus far.

When the next Mahon report comes out, we can add more letters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]   Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:33 am

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
What do the children think of this story?

Has hanging with Sir Anto and Páidí gave him ideas for eternal greatness?

You'd think he would have at least checked the spelling.

You mean he left the "L" off the beginning?
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
avatar

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]   Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:48 am

cactus flower wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
What do the children think of this story?

Has hanging with Sir Anto and Páidí gave him ideas for eternal greatness?

You'd think he would have at least checked the spelling.

You mean he left the "L" off the beginning?


OOOOoohhhhhh - Sharp. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]   Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:17 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
What do the children think of this story?

Has hanging with Sir Anto and Páidí gave him ideas for eternal greatness?

You'd think he would have at least checked the spelling.

You mean he left the "L" off the beginning?


OOOOoohhhhhh - Sharp. Razz

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]   Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:33 pm

Iar-Taoiseach is an anagram of "Ciao, A shit era"
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]   Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:59 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Iar-Taoiseach is an anagram of "Ciao, A shit era"


F'in genius, SC. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]   

Back to top Go down
 
Sir Bartholemew Ahern - Ár n-Iar-Taoiseach [sic]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: The Laughter Lounge-
Jump to: