Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Charting Help?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Charting Help? Empty
PostSubject: Charting Help?   Charting Help? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:31 am

I'm finally springing the dosh for a new computer next month and I want to get the best charting package I can. I'm currently using Open Office software because it's free! and its spreadsheets, functions and ability to program are far superior to Excel's. However, its charting package is just too skimmpy.

I need to be able to scale on both Y-axis for chi-square charting. Normally I have the dates on the X-axis and would need two scalable Y-axis at, say, zero to 100 on one Y-axis and 500 to 2000 on the other for example.

Does anyone know if the new Microsoft package does this or do you have to buy expensive add-ons? Any help would be much appreciated.

[Mods, I know there are other help posts out there but I put this up independently as I didn't want it to get buried prematurely. If its merged for the sake of tidiness, I'll fully understand.]
Back to top Go down

Charting Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charting Help?   Charting Help? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 11:53 am

Not a charts person, but I have found latest Microsoft Office a nightmare and have uninstalled it, as I hear plenty of other people have.
Back to top Go down

Charting Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charting Help?   Charting Help? EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 12:07 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Not a charts person, but I have found latest Microsoft Office a nightmare and have uninstalled it, as I hear plenty of other people have.

Thanks for the insight. You might try Open Office. I've been using it for over two years with zero problems. It has all the bells and whistles (spreadsheet, text writer, database, presentation, etc.) except its real strength is in the maths-spreadsheet side as it was developed by geeks for geeks. Still very user friendly. And free! so far. They also have a Gaelic extension with a spell checker, thesarus, etc.

I stopped using microsoft because it's a total hog on RAM and systems use. When I', not using open office, I just delete it from the registry to free up even more RAM. gl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Charting Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charting Help?   Charting Help? Empty

Back to top Go down

Charting Help?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: Chatter-
Jump to: