Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Google Chrome

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Google Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Google Chrome   Google Chrome EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 1:55 pm

Google Chrome Logo_sm
I've been using Google's new browser, Chrome, since it was released last week.
So far I've been very happy with it apart from the spellcheck, which is not as good as Firefox's.

However the last 2 days I have found that if I want to post on MachineNation I have to go back to Firefox.

With Chrome, I write a post, press preview/submit and the post is lost.

Anyone else having this problem?

http://www.google.com/chrome
Back to top Go down

Google Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome   Google Chrome EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 2:00 pm

eoinmn wrote:
Google Chrome Logo_sm
I've been using Google's new browser, Chrome, since it was released last week.
So far I've been very happy with it apart from the spellcheck, which is not as good as Firefox's.

However the last 2 days I have found that if I want to post on MachineNation I have to go back to Firefox.

With Chrome, I write a post, press preview/submit and the post is lost.

Anyone else having this problem?

http://www.google.com/chrome
Have you given up using Linux? Chrome is not built for it yet, linux. That's kind of a bizarre problem you have - we could lose customers here if Google don't get their act together quick. Is it some settings you can manipulate which might change it for you? How simple or complex is it because I see it as a rival OS for the ones we know and loathe now. (coupled with some low-level hardware routines to manipulate your disks and connections it could easily be another OS)
Back to top Go down

Google Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome   Google Chrome EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 2:04 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Have you given up using Linux? Chrome is not built for it yet, linux.
Yeah, I'm back on Windows at the moment. I go through phases..
Somedays I need Windows for work (Visual Studio), other days I use Ubuntu.

Auditor #9 wrote:
That's kind of a bizarre problem you have
Very odd. P.ie works fine for me.
I've reported the problem to Google.
Back to top Go down

Google Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome   Google Chrome EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 2:10 pm

There was a privacy issue with Chrome last week wasn't there? I haven't had a chance to look it up yet but I saw there was something regarding it the other day.

I'd be a bit suspicious of Google and their plan for world technology and information domination to be honest.

That said, the Government's data retention policy is bad enough. I'll probably have the Irish FEDs outside my door after writing this as it is stored for about 5 years now.
Back to top Go down

Google Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome   Google Chrome EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 2:11 pm

johnfás wrote:
There was a privacy issue with Chrome last week wasn't there? I haven't had a chance to look it up yet but I saw there was something regarding it the other day.

I'd be a bit suspicious of Google and their plan for world technology and information domination to be honest.

That said, the Government's data retention policy is bad enough. I'll probably have the Irish FEDs outside my door after writing this as it is stored for about 5 years now.

My policy for the last year has been to decline any offers of upgrades. They all seem worse than the old versions. Adobe Reader ? Pfht.
Back to top Go down

Google Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome   Google Chrome EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 1:50 pm

It is working for me fine again now.
I don't know what changed.
Back to top Go down

Google Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome   Google Chrome EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 10:13 pm

I tend to use scroogle a lot. Partly for the principle of the thang (run searches anonymously without google storing your IP and without google ads) and partly because each visit can be so 'amusing'...

http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/scraper.htm

Google Chrome Code3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Google Chrome Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google Chrome   Google Chrome Empty

Back to top Go down

Google Chrome
Page 1 of 1