Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread Empty
PostSubject: The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread   The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 7:17 pm

Quote :

Re: Who do you recommend seeing at the Electric Picnic?
by Zhou_Enlai Today at 4:56 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Zhou_Enlai wrote:
I am feeling very old and grumpy now that it has come around again and I amn't going. I never remember to buy a ticket.
grump grump grump

cf wrote: Me too. Definitely going to go next year.

Zhou: I wonder will I be able to afford it this time next year! I am getting genuinely worried about the economy going down the tubes.

How is the new job going?

Multiple projects, going quite well thanks. A lot of late night and early morning writing. There is great uncertainty for six months time onwards though. The only thing certain I'd say is having to make someone else redundant. Sad

Slumps are scary times all right and this is different to previous ones. There is quite a big real economy underlying the fictious one, but this time I can see collateral damage to the real one too. Businesses that ran happily through the 1980s are going belly up. Things like sound, very profitable local newspapers that have run for decades profitably. I could see us having a bankrupt telecom network and no air carrier - that would be fun - instantly back to Slattery's coaches and semaphor.

We are paring everything down to the minimum and every supplier we phone is offering lower prices to try and keep our custom.

There must be a lot of people who are living through a nightmare already. Oh dear, I started this thread thinking we should cheer ourselves up, as the other Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil are off at the Picnic. I didn't book because I had the flu in February and forgot that I'd be better by September. I'll just have to take my drums out into the garden and pretend. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread   The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 7:43 pm

me neither.

festivals are overrated anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread   The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 9:03 pm

Went last year for the first and only time. Glad that I went as I`m an avid people watcher but to be honest I`d have much preferred to be camping there by myself. I`d have loved that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread   The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 9:09 pm

anmajornarthainig wrote:
Went last year for the first and only time. Glad that I went as I`m an avid people watcher but to be honest I`d have much preferred to be camping there by myself. I`d have loved that.

Yes, I enjoyed all the hours of walking about in the fresh air best. But everything else was a fantastic blast too, to be honest. I gave in to sybaritic self indulgence of many delightful kinds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread   The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 2:09 am

Gragh, why do I never bother buying tickets to festivals. I always get depressed when they come around and I can't go. Moreso this time though. My girlfriend is there, working during the day, but still gets to enjoy the night acts. I'm also just generally depressed out of pure exhaustion, after working hard every day bar one this week, and was looking forward to my other day off tomorrow. I was going to relax, you know, forget about my troubles. Then my boss calls me today (in work) and guess who's working tomorrow? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread   The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 2:12 am

evercloserunion wrote:
Gragh, why do I never bother buying tickets to festivals. I always get depressed when they come around and I can't go. Moreso this time though. My girlfriend is there, working during the day, but still gets to enjoy the night acts. I'm also just generally depressed out of pure exhaustion, after working hard every day bar one this week, and was looking forward to my other day off tomorrow. I was going to relax, you know, forget about my troubles. Then my boss calls me today (in work) and guess who's working tomorrow? Evil or Very Mad
Don't worry, there's probably going to be a nuclear war soon Wink
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread   The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Never go. Can't see any attraction whatsoever.

Muck.piss.noise.rain.queues.hotdogs.puke.garbage. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread   The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 7:50 pm

The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread Kiddyarea2

The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread Img_flags_01

No, EVM, sadly its not a bit like that.

The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread Bnr_29

The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread Misc-070902-KU05
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread   The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 8:27 pm

The Duke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread   The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The I'm Not Going To the Electric Picnic Thread
Page 1 of 1