Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

TV series review

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: TV series review   TV series review EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 1:49 am

New thread, not for films but for series.

I wonder what you guys thought about new British spy series MI5.

I find it recoilingly immature I wonder if I'm missing something. It"s like "teens go spy".
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 1:50 am

When is it on and what channel? Haven't heard of it.
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 1:51 am

Haven't seen it - do you recommend giving it a miss then? I'm watching the third episode of "The Unit" as we speak. It's dodgy...
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 1:55 am

I download my episodes.

I recommend watching the first 5 minutes of episode 01. Excellent premisses. Then the teenagers appear...

Well, sort of teenagers in their twenties, with the intelligence of primary school. Even more disgusting than teenagers.
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 2:01 am

Are you not wracked with guilt when you deprive poor actors of a dollar by using those .. sites which you're not going to mention here, are you?

Why are there teenagers on an M15 show?
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 2:22 am

Normally I feel guilty.

But in the case of MI5 I dumped the episode before it was finished. So it"s not really stealing is it?

Plus I hated their English accent.
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 2:29 am

Damages is fantastic.
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 2:38 am

evercloserunion wrote:
Damages is fantastic.
If it's like the X-Files then I'll rent the boxset next year.
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 3:49 am

Auditor #9 wrote:

Why are there teenagers on an M15 show?

It's because it's Spooks: Code 9. It's a spin-off from the previous series Spooks by the BBC. The programme is set in 2013 Britain just after a major terrorist attack by younger bombers. In reaction to this, MI5 and MI6 are now creating a youth unit. That much I have gleaned from my weekly Culture magazine in the Sunday Times.
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 8:12 am

Yes, sorry for not giving you the real name sooner.
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 10:13 am

Sounds a bit like 24 hours: agit prop for neo cons(ervatives) - ushering in the new Cameron era.

SeathrúnCetinne recommended "Deadwood" the other day. Anyone else seen it?
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 9:00 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:
Damages is fantastic.
Dunno, I was never a bif X-files fan. It's not about aliens anyway. The plot is all twisty turny though, and in a good way.
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 9:08 pm

evercloserunion wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:
Damages is fantastic.
Dunno, I was never a bif X-files fan. It's not about aliens anyway. The plot is all twisty turny though, and in a good way.
If it's police then I don't like police or crime scene investigation stuff - bo ring.

I'm watching the Unit now and it's just about ok. Is Damages Uk or USA?
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 11:07 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:
Damages is fantastic.
If it's police then I don't like police or crime scene investigation stuff - bo ring.

I'm watching the Unit now and it's just about ok. Is Damages Uk or USA?
US. It's not police, the thing is basically centred around this massive case taken by a load of employees against their corrupt former employee which could ruin the employer and he resorts to doing all kinds of dastardly things to try and jeopardize the case. The employees are being represented by this awesome-o hotshot lawyer, for whom the main character has just started working. And there's all this behind the scenes wheeling and dealing and you don't know who can trust who, and to top it all off it keeps flashing forward to six months after all the events start where the main character appears to have murdered her fiancé or something without any explanation (that's not a spoiler, you see it in the first few episodes). Top-notch stuff altogether.
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 1:43 am

cactus flower wrote:
Sounds a bit like 24 hours: agit prop for neo cons(ervatives) - ushering in the new Cameron era.

24, that stuff is cool. The variety of ways you can torture someone is simply ingenious! God bless the PATRIOT ACT for giving us this much fun!
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 3:00 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

24, that stuff is cool. The variety of ways you can torture someone is simply ingenious! God bless the PATRIOT ACT for giving us this much fun!
Is the guy's shit-hot daughter still in it?
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 3:09 am

evercloserunion wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

The pouty blonde one who got kidnapped three times in the first show? i.e. kidnapped three times in a day?? She's hot alright.

I wonder is the thing to do with 24 to watch it an entire season in real-time? Only €6 to rent at Xtravision for two nights !
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 3:23 am

arnaudherve wrote:

I find it recoilingly immature I wonder if I'm missing something. It"s like "teens go spy".

Noo! Arnaudherve, you want to forget this rubbish and enjoy the much superior tosh that was "Spooks" - the thing you have seen is an inferior spin-off from Spooks. My favourite character in Spooks was always Malcolm, a 21st century version of what's-his-name in the Bond films.
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 2:00 pm

Atticus wrote:
arnaudherve wrote:

Noo! Arnaudherve, you want to forget this rubbish and enjoy the much superior tosh that was "Spooks" - the thing you have seen is an inferior spin-off from Spooks. My favourite character in Spooks was always Malcolm, a 21st century version of what's-his-name in the Bond films.

nick nack?
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 2:56 am

evercloserunion wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:

I think so, I watch to see just how many ways they can squeeze info out of the turrsts while breaking the Geneva Convention! It's the quagmire of post-9/11 moralistic relativism defined!
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 2:57 am

Auditor #9 wrote:

I wonder is the thing to do with 24 to watch it an entire season in real-time? Only €6 to rent at Xtravision for two nights !

Hmm, I got through 1 year of Jed Bartlet's Administration in three days, I'd say I could do 24 in one!
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 6:53 pm

the west wing is the best television series in HISTORY!!!!

God I love that show.
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 12:36 am

cookiemonster wrote:

God I love that show.

As do I. If you could pick someone in the show, who would you be?
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 12:46 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

God I love that show.

Sam.

Though recently I seem to be emulating Donna with her box issues.
Back to top Go down

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 12:50 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

God I love that show.

Sam.

Though recently I seem to be emulating Donna with her box issues.

I think I'd be Josh, I'd like to be Deputy Chief of Staff in one administration and then go to being Chief in the next. You'd be in the White House for 16 years which is pretty amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TV series review Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV series review   TV series review Empty

Back to top Go down

TV series review
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next