Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

---I, Quiz---

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

---I, Quiz--- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ---I, Quiz---   ---I, Quiz--- - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 4:44 pm

riadach wrote:

No it's a free modification for Rome Total War. You should be able to get it at www.twcenter.net. It's the same game engine, obviously since it's a mod, but they've created different factions, different units, better battlefield mechanics (for example, the enemy doesn't chain-rout/mass-rout so easily) and more realistic cities, a bigger map, riverports, and city structures. They also go into government types, and one can have caesar reforms. You don't, for instance, play as julii, scipii or brutii anymore, but rather as the Romanii. There are no parthians, though you do play as the Pahlava who would eventually become the Sassanids. The Seleucids take the role of the great Roman enemy, but they are in decline. There is no spain, but rather Lusitania. The Gauls have two factions, the britons become the Casse and are not located in belgium anymore. The Germans become the Schwebox, and the Scythians become the Sarmatii. It takes up about 800 mbs.

I see. I'll go get that then, it'll definitely improve the game from what it is now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ---I, Quiz---   ---I, Quiz--- - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 4:48 pm

It's considered to be "the" best mod for Rome Total War. Trying to get an Octavian event by training up a general with Augustus's traits is reason enough to get it in itself. Or turning oneself from a nomadic civilisation to becoming the rulers of Sassanid Persia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ---I, Quiz---   ---I, Quiz--- - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 4:50 pm

They're making a sequel to it for MTW II as well, I hear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ---I, Quiz---   ---I, Quiz--- - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 4:54 pm

riadach wrote:
It's considered to be "the" best mod for Rome Total War. Trying to get an Octavian event by training up a general with Augustus's traits is reason enough to get it in itself. Or turning oneself from a nomadic civilisation to becoming the rulers of Sassanid Persia.

Hmm, it does sound fascinating and it would be great to rule as Augustus over the pre-eminent empire in the whole world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ---I, Quiz---   ---I, Quiz--- - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 5:11 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:

Hmm, it does sound fascinating and it would be great to rule as Augustus over the pre-eminent empire in the whole world.

I don't think he'll be called augustus though. He will just be modelled on him. Have you played mtwII?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ---I, Quiz---   ---I, Quiz--- - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 5:12 pm

riadach wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
riadach wrote:

I don't think he'll be called augustus though. He will just be modelled on him. Have you played mtwII?

No, I haven't. I just have Rome Total War.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ---I, Quiz---   ---I, Quiz--- - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 4:14 pm

Ard-T, they've just found a huge marble head of Marcus Aurelius in Turkey that might be of interest to you.

Read the story here.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: ---I, Quiz---   ---I, Quiz--- - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 4:31 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Ard-T, they've just found a huge marble head of Marcus Aurelius in Turkey that might be of interest to you.

Read the story here.

Wow. Good find Seatrún, and thanks for posting it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ---I, Quiz---   ---I, Quiz--- - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 7:25 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

Read the story here.

Wow! That's great Seathrún, I'll go look at that. Go raibh míle a Sheathrún!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ---I, Quiz---   ---I, Quiz--- - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 7:28 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

Read the story here.

And there's a foot as well!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ---I, Quiz---   ---I, Quiz--- - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 7:30 pm

cactus flower wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

Read the story here.

And there's a foot as well!

This just gets better and better! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ---I, Quiz---   ---I, Quiz--- - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

---I, Quiz---
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2