Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet


Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Share | 
 

 A photo for ye.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
avatar

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:21 am

Ah no that's a cool photo. I like old and new juxtapositions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:25 am

cactus flower wrote:

Did you enjoy the Tower?

Didn't pay into it to be honest, I just took it from outside. I go over to London every couple of months and have done for my whole life - Mum is from there so half my family live there - so I've done most of the sites at this stage. I just had a spare few hours on the Saturday afternoon so popped up and wandered around doing not very much - except picking up a purse for my girlfriend (25 euro cheaper than here)!!

That said the Tower of London is a nice day trip for anyone who has not been. Great architecture, interesting history and whether a monarchist or not a peek at the crown jewels is always good fun.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:27 am

johnfás wrote:
a peek at the crown jewels is always good fun.

*titter*
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:33 am

johnfás wrote:


That said the Tower of London is a nice day trip for anyone who has not been. Great architecture, interesting history and whether a monarchist or not a peek at the crown jewels is always good fun.

Definitely, I see the Crown Jewels section as a celebration of the virtue, genius and painstaking perseverance of the worker. The detail, elegance and fabulous pomp and circumstance created were all the result of efforts by the common man. Seen in that light, the Crown Jewels are not an obnoxious symbol of monarchic excess, but a monument to proletarian effort.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:36 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
johnfás wrote:


That said the Tower of London is a nice day trip for anyone who has not been. Great architecture, interesting history and whether a monarchist or not a peek at the crown jewels is always good fun.

Definitely, I see the Crown Jewels section as a celebration of the virtue, genius and painstaking perseverance of the worker. The detail, elegance and fabulous pomp and circumstance created were all the result of efforts by the common man. Seen in that light, the Crown Jewels are not an obnoxious symbol of monarchic excess, but a monument to proletarian effort.

*titter again*
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:37 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
johnfás wrote:


That said the Tower of London is a nice day trip for anyone who has not been. Great architecture, interesting history and whether a monarchist or not a peek at the crown jewels is always good fun.

Definitely, I see the Crown Jewels section as a celebration of the virtue, genius and painstaking perseverance of the worker. The detail, elegance and fabulous pomp and circumstance created were all the result of efforts by the common man. Seen in that light, the Crown Jewels are not an obnoxious symbol of monarchic excess, but a monument to proletarian effort.

Indeed, they do scream exploitation.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:38 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
johnfás wrote:


That said the Tower of London is a nice day trip for anyone who has not been. Great architecture, interesting history and whether a monarchist or not a peek at the crown jewels is always good fun.

Definitely, I see the Crown Jewels section as a celebration of the virtue, genius and painstaking perseverance of the worker. The detail, elegance and fabulous pomp and circumstance created were all the result of efforts by the common man. Seen in that light, the Crown Jewels are not an obnoxious symbol of monarchic excess, but a monument to proletarian effort.

*titter again*

On review, that does have a comedic facet.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:46 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
johnfás wrote:
a peek at the crown jewels is always good fun.

*titter*

How about doing a Colonel Blood or a Frank Shackleton on it and lifting them. Pay in Johnfás. Take photos of everything you can and then machine nation will come up with a plan to steal the lot. We`ll be rich.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:56 pm

Finally, this site has found its niche. International organised grand larceny. I even have the blueprints.

http://www.castleduncan.com/forum/index.php?s=0237f4e47a8cdadd18bb18ffb6d0dc58&act=attach&type=post&id=2604
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:15 pm

Your black catsuit will come to some use again, Riadach?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:37 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Your black catsuit will come to some use again, Riadach?

I'll have to bring it to the dry-cleaners.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
avatar

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:55 am

riadach wrote:
Finally, this site has found its niche. International organised grand larceny. I even have the blueprints.

http://www.castleduncan.com/forum/index.php?s=0237f4e47a8cdadd18bb18ffb6d0dc58&act=attach&type=post&id=2604

That's cool. But I can't plan a job unless I know which room the stuff is in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:27 am

Do I have to do all the work?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:05 am

riadach wrote:
Do I have to do all the work?

Can I be the driver ? bounce
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:09 am

riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Your black catsuit will come to some use again, Riadach?

I'll have to bring it to the dry-cleaners.

I'll drop it back to you soon so.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:25 am

cactus flower wrote:
riadach wrote:
Do I have to do all the work?

Can I be the driver ? bounce

We can turn it into an ocean's 11.

Ok

members and duties
Cactus- driver
Cookiemonster- counting the jewels

suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:26 am

cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Your black catsuit will come to some use again, Riadach?

I'll have to bring it to the dry-cleaners.

I'll drop it back to you soon so.

I want ALL those stains out thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:06 pm

riadach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
riadach wrote:
Do I have to do all the work?

Can I be the driver ? bounce

We can turn it into an ocean's 11.

Ok

members and duties
Cactus- driver
Cookiemonster- counting the jewels

suggestions?

Kate can be our devious totty used to lure the guards away, she may also need a catsuit.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:32 pm

cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
riadach wrote:
Do I have to do all the work?

Can I be the driver ? bounce

We can turn it into an ocean's 11.

Ok

members and duties
Cactus- driver
Cookiemonster- counting the jewels

suggestions?

Kate can be our devious totty used to lure the guards away, she may also need a catsuit.


The Squire and Slim Buddha can deal with the fence and launder the proceeds.

Zhou can be the legal person who will get us off.

Who'll crack the alarm system and the pick the locks ? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:03 am

cactus flower wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
riadach wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
riadach wrote:
Do I have to do all the work?

Can I be the driver ? bounce

We can turn it into an ocean's 11.

Ok

members and duties
Cactus- driver
Cookiemonster- counting the jewels

suggestions?

Kate can be our devious totty used to lure the guards away, she may also need a catsuit.


The Squire and Slim Buddha can deal with the fence and launder the proceeds.

Zhou can be the legal person who will get us off.

Who'll crack the alarm system and the pick the locks ? Suspect

EVM he's good with that electronic lark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A photo for ye.   

Back to top Go down
 
A photo for ye.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
 Similar topics
-
» A couple of photo's from 2005
» Personal Cross Stitch Graphs from your Photo
» Cracking photo's
» First Newborn Photo Shoot
» Photo to Oil Painting-Photoshop

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: History :: General History-
Jump to: