Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane. Empty
PostSubject: Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane.   Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 8:31 pm

I am organising a guided walk around my home town and area on 31st August 2008.
Its an open invitation to all and sundry and it starts at 12noon on the Sunday.
there is a train from the city arrives at 11.45am if you are interested.
http://www.heritageweek.ie/en/HomeSearchDetails.aspx?EventID=2228

We will launch a new walks brochure after the walk in the local hotel, the Waterside Hotel, Donabate Beach.
tea, coffee, sambo's etc etc and/or pints.

very important to bring good shoes or boots and raingear. No such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane.   Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 8:40 pm

Where's Donabate? North of Malahide? Are there hills, dales, beaches, woods, shopping centres there?

Sounds great for the kids and adults alike. Have you done this before and are you expecting many?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane.   Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 8:45 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Where's Donabate? North of Malahide? Are there hills, dales, beaches, woods, shopping centres there?

Sounds great for the kids and adults alike. Have you done this before and are you expecting many?

This is my third year and last year I had 50 people turn up. Cool

Here is a link to a few photos of the area. Its a bit of a miscellanious group but you get the idea.
http://picasaweb.google.com/DonabateCarftMarket/Donabate1000
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane.   Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 8:49 pm

Johnny Keogh wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:

This is my third year and last year I had 50 people turn up. Cool

Here is a link to a few photos of the area. Its a bit of a miscellanious group but you get the idea.
http://picasaweb.google.com/DonabateCarftMarket/Donabate1000

Great to see you again Johnny. Was thinking about your poems the other day. The walks looks good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane.   Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 8:52 pm

Jaysus it's almost as nice as Clare on a good day. Is that Howth in the distance and a Martello Tower in another picture?

Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane. DSC02032

Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane. Dsc01810
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane.   Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane. EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 11:39 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
Jaysus it's almost as nice as Clare on a good day. Is that Howth in the distance and a Martello Tower in another picture?

Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane. Dsc01810

Its Lambay Island in the background.
We have two Martello towers. One in Portrane , the other in Donabate.

i took a walk down Portrane beach this evening after the rain. It was beatiful. Stopped in to Pipers Chip shop. best in All Ireland, bar none. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane.   Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane. EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 12:13 am

Sounds good Johnny. You might be able to help me with my hiking boots issue though. Bought them in Great Outdoors a couple of years ago, carefully wore them in and wore them on a two day hike, didn't wear them again for another year and after a half day in Wicklow last October, my seized-up toes still haven't recovered from the most painful half day of my life. And I'm well annoyed because they cost a fortune.

And it is a hiking boots gig, isn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane.   Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane. EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 12:49 am

Kate P wrote:
Sounds good Johnny. You might be able to help me with my hiking boots issue though. Bought them in Great Outdoors a couple of years ago, carefully wore them in and wore them on a two day hike, didn't wear them again for another year and after a half day in Wicklow last October, my seized-up toes still haven't recovered from the most painful half day of my life. And I'm well annoyed because they cost a fortune.

And it is a hiking boots gig, isn't it?

Kate, its a handy hike. Good shoes or even runners would be fine although runners would be a pain if it rains. Mostly on flat ground with a small amount of dirt track.
you would be on your feet for about 3-4 hours depending on how much gas-bagging I do. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane.   Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane. Empty

Back to top Go down

Heritage Week. Guided Walk of Donabate & Portrane.
Page 1 of 1