Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D Empty
PostSubject: Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D   Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 4:04 pm

Behold! I bring tidings of joy! Pádraig Harrington, our best golfer, has won not only the British Open, twice, but the US PGA Championship as well! I was watching the scoreboard with trepidation last night, fearful that he might slip at the last moment but no! Harrington ruled supreme and victored in the end.

This is a fantastic story and Harrington is the first European to win the PGA in 78 years! Well done Podger!

http://www.rte.ie/sport/golf/2008/0811/harringtonp2.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D   Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 4:07 pm

A fantastic performance and to win back-to-back majors is a great achievement. Especially one that has not been won by a European for 78 years. Brilliant stuff, Padraig!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D   Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 4:08 pm

Absolutely fantastic result. What a trophy though, don't know how he'll keep that on his breakfast table like he was his other one! Shocked

Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D Harrington_padraig_uspga_d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D   Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 4:09 pm

johnfás wrote:
Absolutely fantastic result. What a trophy though, don't know how he'll keep that on his breakfast table like he was his other one! Shocked

Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D Harrington_padraig_uspga_d

Never mind ladybirds, he could put his son in that!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D   Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 4:19 pm

A true professional and an absolute gentleman. Great news!
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D   Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 4:27 pm

Yeh brilliant. I only heard this morning. i couldn't believe it cos he was 5 over or something after 2 rounds. The man is a star.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D   Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 4:31 pm

Fantastic achievement. Read all the main American and Engish papers. Big praise.

One thing though he's wide open for lampooning with all that "mental strength" and "focus" psycho babble.

Has Giftgrub give him a touch yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D   Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 5:57 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Fantastic achievement. Read all the main American and Engish papers. Big praise.

One thing though he's wide open for lampooning with all that "mental strength" and "focus" psycho babble.

Has Giftgrub give him a touch yet?

Brilliant, so happy for him and his family. Aren't we great by association.

I wouldn't mind a slice of that mental strength and focus right now. He said something about hydration too. I'll try a glass of water.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D   Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 5:59 pm

Not a bad $3 million + in competition prize winnings in less than a month.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D   Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 10:05 pm

Is he world number two as a result of this fantastic triumph? He should be since he beat Phil Mickleson by a wide margin to seize the PGA. He's going into the Ryder Cup all guns blazing. The US should be smashed on this form.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D   Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 5:33 pm

Between this and the advances at the Olympics we are seeing in boxing, swimming and canoeing, we're doing very well sport-wise. 4 years of good, strong investment in our athletes should see us bring home a rake of medals in London.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D   Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 5:38 pm

Anybody see the John Joe Nevin fight? That mongolian will put the 'on your bike' attitude out of him. Good win all the same. Up Mullingar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D   Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 5:42 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
Anybody see the John Joe Nevin fight? That mongolian will put the 'on your bike' attitude out of him. Good win all the same. Up Mullingar

I haven't seen any of that, but I'm listening raptly to the radio reports on RTÉ and Newstalk about our athlete's exploits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D   Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 5:51 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:

I haven't seen any of that, but I'm listening raptly to the radio reports on RTÉ and Newstalk about our athlete's exploits.

It was a very hit and run affair. So hit and run that nobody scored in the first round and both of them got 2 point penalties in the 3rd. I've seen better at u12 camogie. Bree did well winning his heat from lane 2. A little more encouraging. Yer man rheinisch got fourth. Close but no cigar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D   Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

Pádraig Harrington: Three-time Major Winner :-D
Page 1 of 1