Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Booze Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

The Booze Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:52 pm

ibis wrote:
You should try Lagavulin as well. Richer and heavier, but all the Islay and Jura whiskies have that peat-smoke taste.
I have a bottle of Bowmore at home which I will be attacking at Christmas.
Lagavulin, I think I tried at my brother's house. Very heavy, like medicine almost? Good stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:54 pm

Ever been to Islay, ibis? Nice place for a holiday, I'd say.
I've been to Oban which I enjoyed.
Oban is a good single malt for beginners. If you are new to whisky, try Oban.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 9:02 pm

In alkmaar where i live now there is a scots restuarant with a wiskey from all approx 750 distilleries. I really like the Islay brands. Haggis is good too.

In my fridge tonight: 2 kegs of Amstel and Heiniken pils, Four beers from IJ brewery, Trappest Rochefort 10 (*6) , Brigand IPA, Guiness special extra stout (*3), Tongelero dubbel (*2), Wheinstephaner weiss, Kriek boon and tongerlo dubble + homemade cream liqueur. Party time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 9:07 pm

riven wrote:
In alkmaar where i live now there is a scots restuarant with a wiskey from all approx 750 distilleries. I really like the Islay brands. Haggis is good too.

In my fridge tonight: 2 kegs of Amstel and Heiniken pils, Four beers from IJ brewery, Trappest Rochefort 10 (*6) , Brigand IPA, Guiness special extra stout (*3), Tongelero dubbel (*2), Wheinstephaner weiss, Kriek boon and tongerlo dubble + homemade cream liqueur. Party time.

Partaaaaayyy!!!! bounce rabbit Basketball sunny king queen jocolor geek pig Play piano Suspect drunken bom Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 9:20 pm

I'm half way through a glass of Bollinger cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 9:24 pm

Bollinger also has a fantastic website check it out. Also have some french stuff. Remy Martain Xo Cognac though may save that for much later.

Last edited by riven on Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 9:26 pm

We popped it because I passed my exams during the week cheers

That and an M&S dine in for 2 (x2) for four of us.

Anyway I'm off out for the night, enjoy the evening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 11:09 pm

johnfás wrote:
We popped it because I passed my exams during the week cheers

That and an M&S dine in for 2 (x2) for four of us.

Anyway I'm off out for the night, enjoy the evening.

Have a good night johnfás. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:39 am

Can't believe no one's mentioned this stuff yet.
The Booze Thread - Page 4 JAGERMEISTER
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:43 am

Makes me throw up. I am allergic to some of the ingredients.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:47 am

Shame. What I love most about it is the kind of drunk it gets you, extremely happy and carefree while not too crazy. I'm getting together with a group of friends next week and we're going to get started by polishing off 2 bottles of this stuff and going from there. In my experience, 2 bottles of Jager = good night guaranteed.

That said, if you do actually throw up after drinking loads of it (not just a few shots), your vomit is black...

Last edited by evercloserunion on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:48 am

Also, I still haven't tried Bushmills yet, I keep meaning to. Next time I'm out I'll pick some up. Can you get it in smaller sized bottles?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:49 am

evercloserunion wrote:

What in the name of all thats holy is that Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:51 am

Ah Cactus, too old...

Get yourself a shot glass of that and a pint glass of red bull energy drink. Drop the shot glass into the red bull and gulp the whole lot down. It is called a Jaegerbomb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:54 am

johnfás wrote:
Ah Cactus, too old...

Get yourself a shot glass of that and a pint glass of red bull energy drink. Drop the shot glass into the red bull and gulp the whole lot down. It is called a Jaegerbomb.

At my time of life, it would probably finish me off. I'll stick to the Scotch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 5:51 am

Any drinks out there people tend to stay away from at all costs (apart from johnfas and Jager)? I don't like to drink vodka as, even though it's a cheap way to get absolutely pissed, I tend to get very rowdy on it and sometimes do things I am later embarrassed about. I have even become slightly aggressive after consuming much vodka, which is not me at all.

I have also ruined peach schnapps for myself after getting absolutely destroyed on it one night at a house party (I was drinking it straight as part of a drinking game; which, by the way, should only ever be played with beer). As well as having to clean up the mess the next morning (and borrow a friend's shirt), I now feel violently nauseous at the smell or taste of peach, schnapps or otherwise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 2:43 pm

evercloserunion wrote:
Any drinks out there people tend to stay away from at all costs (apart from johnfas and Jager)? I don't like to drink vodka as, even though it's a cheap way to get absolutely pissed, I tend to get very rowdy on it and sometimes do things I am later embarrassed about. I have even become slightly aggressive after consuming much vodka, which is not me at all.

I have also ruined peach schnapps for myself after getting absolutely destroyed on it one night at a house party (I was drinking it straight as part of a drinking game; which, by the way, should only ever be played with beer). As well as having to clean up the mess the next morning (and borrow a friend's shirt), I now feel violently nauseous at the smell or taste of peach, schnapps or otherwise.

Your body may be trying to tell you something evercloserunion - I've just been reading in the Indo about people with final stage (i.e. incurable and terminal) liver disease at the age of 18. It used to be something that happened to people in their 50s. pale

* look after your livers, lads* Surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 4:19 pm

cactus flower wrote:
evercloserunion wrote:

What in the name of all thats holy is that Shocked

Killer stuff! I used to drink this when I lived in Germany. That and Underberg. Underberg even more lethal because under the small bottles of the stuff you get in pubs, there is a number between 1 and 50. If you were in a round, every so often, an equivalent number of small bottles of Underberg would appear. They'd be drunk and everyone looked to the underside of the bottle. The person with the highest number on his Underberg bottle had to buy the next round. Jägermeister is good but my fonder, if foggier, memories are of Underberg.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 7:22 pm

Evercloserunion after 5 Jagerbombs: