Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

The Booze Thread

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 8:25 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
I thought it was SEPCTACULAR!

Is that typo intentional, cookie? Smile

No, I may have been drinking. Mmmmm, wine.

I see, I thought you were making a subtle point as you are wont to do. Wine is nice, although there's many a slip twixt lip and cup.

Indeed it is, however I have no bottles of my most beloved wine left and no funds (at least not sufficient funds) with which to buy more. This makes me sad.
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 8:27 pm

What is your wine of choice?
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 8:33 pm

johnfás wrote:

The Booze Thread Tonicb10
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 8:36 pm

SeathrúnCeitinn wrote:
johnfás wrote:

The Booze Thread Tonicb10

Pfft!

Why it's...
The Booze Thread 1622
Of course!

Last edited by cookiemonster on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because the internet hates me.)
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 8:38 pm

I've always been fed a healthy diet of Gewurztraminer. Alsace was my mother's home for 16 years of her life.
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 9:06 pm

Anything Côtes du Rhône, Chateau Rayas in particular, it is an astounding wine and it does justify the price, unlike a lot of others.
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 11:54 pm

I find Chilean wine, particularly of the red variety, to be of pleasant and refreshing character. They're rather good.
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 12:04 am

Aloxe Corton Premier Cru.
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 12:05 am

I find a sparking Ballygowan does the trick... Razz
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 12:08 am

4 liters of Tuborg. Nothing comes close to that...
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 12:13 am

Kate P wrote:

Never been a fan of sparkling water.
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 12:14 am

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:

The Booze Thread PaintStripperGallon
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 12:15 am

johnfás wrote:
Kate P wrote:

Oh sparking water with a wedge of lime loads of ice is a fantastic pallet cleanser.
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 12:58 am

cookiemonster wrote:
EvotingMachine0197 wrote:

The Booze Thread PaintStripperGallon

Are you suggesting I dilute my Tuborg ? Well are you ?
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 12:59 am

cookiemonster wrote:
johnfás wrote:
Kate P wrote:

Oh sparking water with a wedge of lime loads of ice is a fantastic pallet cleanser.

I find the likes of Perrier and the German Sprudel to be rather nice. I do however prefer still water and the best still water, imo, is San Pellegrino. It is so refreshingly clear. It goes very well with heavy meals like spaghetti carbonara and canneloni.
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:00 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
johnfás wrote:
Kate P wrote:

I find the likes of Perrier and the German Sprudel to be rather nice. I do however prefer still water and the best still water, imo, is San Pellegrino. It is so refreshingly clear. It goes very well with heavy meals like spaghetti carbonara and canneloni.

San Pellegrino is every so slightly gassed. While it was sick it was all I could drink to add a bit of interest to my diet.
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:03 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
johnfás wrote:
Kate P wrote:

San Pellegrino is every so slightly gassed. While it was sick it was all I could drink to add a bit of interest to my diet.

Even the still variety? Perhaps that is what makes it so very refreshing and very much better than that muck Deep River Rock. Do you think it's the best mineral water as well? If so it's further confirmation of the separated-at-birth theory.
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:04 am

http://www.sundaytimeswineclub.co.uk/product.pasp?product_code=26719

Was lucky enough to have a glass or two of this on Friday night with my dinner:

The Booze Thread 26719b

It was made at a Chateau in the Loire that had clearly been visited by my favourite local saint, Saint Fiacre saint of gardening, usually shown with a shovel in his hand.
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:05 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:
johnfás wrote:
Kate P wrote:

Even the still variety? Perhaps that is what makes it so very refreshing and very much better than that muck Deep River Rock. Do you think it's the best mineral water as well? If so it's further confirmation of the separated-at-birth theory.

I do. There is also incredible satisfaction to be found while cracking the plastic seal on the cap. But they have changed it now so it's not so satisfactory. Sad
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:09 am

cookiemonster wrote:

I do. There is also incredible satisfaction to be found while cracking the plastic seal on the cap. But they have changed it now so it's not so satisfactory. Sad

Ah, that's a terrible shame, but it's still the best mineral water out there. The others just don't have it as right as the Italians.
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:36 am

The Booze Thread Jamesons
+
The Booze Thread 028740
=
The Booze Thread Aes_letterkenny9aug
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:38 am

Jameson and 7up?!
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:41 am

cookiemonster wrote:
Jameson and 7up?!

My Dad would shoot someone for that odious concoction. Jameson must be kept in virgo intacta.
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:46 am

It's divine, the nectar of the gods. Perfect for the homo about town.
Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 1:47 am

riadach wrote:
It's divine, the nectar of the gods. Perfect for the homo about town.

Whatever, riadach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Booze Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Booze Thread   The Booze Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Booze Thread
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next