Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

A Certain Level of Crappiness

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

A Certain Level of Crappiness - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Certain Level of Crappiness   A Certain Level of Crappiness - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:18 pm

That's more like it...

Who could not like John Wesley?
A Certain Level of Crappiness - Page 2 John-wesley-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Certain Level of Crappiness   A Certain Level of Crappiness - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 7:20 pm

johnfás wrote:
That's more like it...

I see. I'm intrigued that that comes from a site called "soulpants". I'd say John Wesley is a decent character.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Certain Level of Crappiness   A Certain Level of Crappiness - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 8:39 pm

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
johnfás wrote:
That's more like it...

I see. I'm intrigued that that comes from a site called "soulpants". I'd say John Wesley is a decent character.

I saw this portrait and thought "Surely not. An image of John Wesley in a thread relating to a certain level of crappiness??" The gentleman does not belong here!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Certain Level of Crappiness   A Certain Level of Crappiness - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 10:03 pm

Kate P wrote:
I'm finding I require a degree of suspended disbelief to imagine a Frenchman who thinks he requires any external accoutrements to appear 'posh'.

Arnaud, defend yourself!!

I can't, I'm a shy person so I need a paper in front of me to establish a distance. Just in case someone friendly would want to talk with me.

I'll do as A-T says with the Irish Arts magazine. That sounds pretentious.

And I'll do as Ibis say I'll avoid underlining or overlining. Plus when I concentrate on drawing I have that bad habit of putting my tongue out on a corner of my mouth. That might not look so posh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Certain Level of Crappiness   A Certain Level of Crappiness - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:20 am

I have the answer! Monocle.

I, er... know someone who has a subscription.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Certain Level of Crappiness   A Certain Level of Crappiness - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 8:06 am

arnaudherve wrote:
Kate P wrote:
I'm finding I require a degree of suspended disbelief to imagine a Frenchman who thinks he requires any external accoutrements to appear 'posh'.

Arnaud, defend yourself!!

I can't, I'm a shy person so I need a paper in front of me to establish a distance. Just in case someone friendly would want to talk with me.

I'll do as A-T says with the Irish Arts magazine. That sounds pretentious.

And I'll do as Ibis say I'll avoid underlining or overlining. Plus when I concentrate on drawing I have that bad habit of putting my tongue out on a corner of my mouth. That might not look so posh.

If you want something very esoteric, you will find it here.

http://www.collectinghouse.co.uk/newspapers_magazines.htm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Certain Level of Crappiness   A Certain Level of Crappiness - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 3:48 pm

cookiemonster wrote:

It wouldn't be you, would it? Wink
Back to top Go down
Ex
Fourth Master: Growth
Ex

Number of posts : 4226
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: A Certain Level of Crappiness   A Certain Level of Crappiness - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 4:23 pm

cookiemonster wrote:

I like that website. Both content and presentation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Certain Level of Crappiness   A Certain Level of Crappiness - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 4:40 pm

EvotingMachine0197 wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

I did too. Some websites stand out for you.

This one is not outstanding but I like some little touches that can be seen in the location tab and simplicity is always welcome.
http://www.monks.ie/index.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Certain Level of Crappiness   A Certain Level of Crappiness - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 4:44 pm

Auditor #9 wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

This one is not outstanding but I like some little touches that can be seen in the location tab and simplicity is always welcome.

I find Avoca's website is particularly fine. It's quite stylish imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Certain Level of Crappiness   A Certain Level of Crappiness - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 2:23 am

Anybody notice(or care) that Channel 6 has now become '3e'?

TV3 now has a second channel to pump out more of the same and it will be showing The Sopranos....and...eh...ehhh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Certain Level of Crappiness   A Certain Level of Crappiness - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 2:31 am

905 wrote:
I really don't mean to sound like an elitist bore.

I was watching that Vincent Browne show on TV3 a while ago and Ivan Yates was on it. I might have talked about this before I'm getting deja vu. But I thought, he really belongs on this show. He's fairly rubbish and he's found his level. It's the same with Terry Prone and David MacWilliams. They're like pigs in muck on that programme.

It's the same with the Irish Independent. I used to read the Indo frequently. But in the past few years I think it's really gone downhill. And not in a faded dame kind of way, looking back on better days. They really seem to like being shite, you get the feeling they're all saying "why didn't we try this before?" They ran a series of articles based around the Bridget Jones film, then they started a column entitled the Diary of a thirty something divorcee. I had enough by then.

It's the contented nature that really gets me. Oh, why aren't they ashamed of themselves for being lightweights? The Indo and TV3 in general (though their sports coverage isn't as bad as Montrose would like us to believe), David MacWilliams and his godawful books and Eddie Hobbs. All should be ashamed and should try harder. I'm giving myself a headache now.

You've said what I've thought of for long - its all derivative mediocrity. We as a people though bear full responsibility for allowing ourselves to become so weak-minded so as to allow that tripe.

We need to stop being so bloody tolerant, but I think the reasons we have become so bloody tolerant of mediocrity, is that most of us (yours truley included) are walking around brain dead most of the time. Its time higher standards were applied.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Certain Level of Crappiness   A Certain Level of Crappiness - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 2:37 am

Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

A Certain Level of Crappiness - Page 2 Picture%20168%201

Whatever about the website, I bought that very blanket today with vouchers I've had for ages. It's gorgeous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Certain Level of Crappiness   A Certain Level of Crappiness - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 10:50 am

Kate P wrote:
Ard-Taoiseach wrote:
Auditor #9 wrote:
cookiemonster wrote:

A Certain Level of Crappiness - Page 2 Picture%20168%201

Whatever about the website, I bought that very blanket today with vouchers I've had for ages. It's gorgeous.

Nothing crappy about that Kate. Yer off topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Certain Level of Crappiness   A Certain Level of Crappiness - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Certain Level of Crappiness
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2