Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Sustainable living - Chicken tips please

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Sustainable living - Chicken tips please - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sustainable living - Chicken tips please   Sustainable living - Chicken tips please - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 5:54 pm

No have you ? You don't need to hunt chicks anyway, just hit them down the head with a hurley in your back garden. You shouldn't have this thought in your head as you approach them though - there's a good chance that animals have sixth sense and will know you are coming and you might end up hitting yourself in your own huevos .. pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sustainable living - Chicken tips please   Sustainable living - Chicken tips please - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 5:57 pm

I've been shooting pheasants, I have a friend who is part of a hunt. Also been fox hunting with another friend who equally was part of a hunt. You don't get to eat the foxes though Razz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sustainable living - Chicken tips please   Sustainable living - Chicken tips please - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 7:29 pm

With a shotgun or something else ?

Have you plucked and eaten your pheasants afterwardss ?

Do we need a thread on wild game ???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sustainable living - Chicken tips please   Sustainable living - Chicken tips please - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 7:36 pm

Yes, with a shotgun, there is some back force when you shoot one of those things. I have been clay pigeon shooting a few times as well. I have eaten game pheasant but I didn't pluck it myself, I went hunting with a friend's family and they dealt with that sort of stuff - they would go every week during the season. My dad used to have a client who brought us a pheasant at Christmas... my mother used to dread dealing with the thing.

Game meat is very nice, particularly exotic game, I ate crocodile, buffalo, ostrich, camel and zebra one time in Kenya.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sustainable living - Chicken tips please   Sustainable living - Chicken tips please - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 1:54 am

johnfás wrote:
Yes, with a shotgun, there is some back force when you shoot one of those things. I have been clay pigeon shooting a few times as well. I have eaten game pheasant but I didn't pluck it myself, I went hunting with a friend's family and they dealt with that sort of stuff - they would go every week during the season. My dad used to have a client who brought us a pheasant at Christmas... my mother used to dread dealing with the thing.

Game meat is very nice, particularly exotic game, I ate crocodile, buffalo, ostrich, camel and zebra one time in Kenya.

Definitely off-topic in the chicken thread. Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sustainable living - Chicken tips please   Sustainable living - Chicken tips please - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 3:00 am

I ate chicken this evening if that helps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sustainable living - Chicken tips please   Sustainable living - Chicken tips please - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 3:01 am

johnfás wrote:

O.K. You can stay. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sustainable living - Chicken tips please   Sustainable living - Chicken tips please - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 12:41 pm

Was your neighbour in a forgiving mood cactus?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sustainable living - Chicken tips please   Sustainable living - Chicken tips please - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 1:21 pm

imokyrok wrote:
Was your neighbour in a forgiving mood cactus?

Away for the weekend. I've tried to replant the garlic Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sustainable living - Chicken tips please   Sustainable living - Chicken tips please - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 5:28 pm

Post unsuccessful

Last edited by imokyrok on Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sustainable living - Chicken tips please   Sustainable living - Chicken tips please - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 5:30 pm

imokyrok wrote:
Heres a picture to bring a smile to your face Cactus after your little setback.
   Sustainable living - Chicken tips please - Page 4 DiaperOnChicken    What will the yanks think of next?      http://www.mypetchicken.com/Diapers___Saddles-Chicken_Diapers__NEW__-P494.aspx#
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sustainable living - Chicken tips please   Sustainable living - Chicken tips please - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 7:20 pm

cactus flower wrote:
johnfás wrote:

O.K. You can stay. Smile

Do you have an objection to people eating exotic meats?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sustainable living - Chicken tips please   Sustainable living - Chicken tips please - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 8:04 pm

johnfás wrote:
cactus flower wrote:
johnfás wrote:

O.K. You can stay. Smile

Do you have an objection to people eating exotic meats?

Not on the chicken thread - it would be off topic and thus off menu. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sustainable living - Chicken tips please   Sustainable living - Chicken tips please - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 8:12 pm

Can we discuss broader poultry issues? Duck, pheasant, goose, turkey, etc?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sustainable living - Chicken tips please   Sustainable living - Chicken tips please - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Poultry, yes. Possibly even ostriches. Zebras. buffalo and camels, definitely no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sustainable living - Chicken tips please   Sustainable living - Chicken tips please - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 8:33 pm

(Mod - deleted - off topic -cf ) isn't that nice anyway.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sustainable living - Chicken tips please   Sustainable living - Chicken tips please - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sustainable living - Chicken tips please
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4