Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Restaurant Reviews

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Restaurant Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Restaurant Reviews   Restaurant Reviews EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:50 am

I haven't time to do this justice right now but I had a meal in Naas last night with an old friend at a French restaurant called Vie de Chateau.

Recession my eye! The place was packed to the rafters. Gorgeous food, beautifully presented, excellent service. The highlight for me was the starter - black pudding and apple tarte tatin. Three courses each (very piggy but we were celebrating!) large bottle of sparkling water and one glass of wine (both driving) less than 80 squid. I've been there a few times and the food is always excellent. The owner is French and knows and loves his food and it shows. I'd highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down

Restaurant Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restaurant Reviews   Restaurant Reviews EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:59 am

Quote :
Recession my eye!

You can't keep good food down.

Mmmm .. black pudding starter ... with .... apple tart yeah right I had pictured goat's cheese tart but now that I look at your post again you wrote "apple tart"

In Clare we eat our apple tarts AFTER the black pudding not with.
Back to top Go down

Restaurant Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restaurant Reviews   Restaurant Reviews EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 11:03 am

Quote :
In Clare we eat our apple tarts AFTER the black pudding not with

What was Cromwell's thing about savagery west of the Shannon - the last outpost of uncivilisation?
Back to top Go down

Restaurant Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restaurant Reviews   Restaurant Reviews EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 11:09 am

Ha! The Burren defeated him as he couldn't find enough tools of death in there to unleash on the people of the Wesht.

I'm sure he found plenty of trees to hang the uppitty spacers off of above in Nasa, Co. Kildare Wink

Cromwell would turn in his grave if he knew that black pudding was being eaten with cake instead of with babies/small children etc.
Back to top Go down

Restaurant Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restaurant Reviews   Restaurant Reviews EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 11:34 am

I've been invited to dinner in Chapter One followed by a trip to The Gate to see Arthur Miller's All My Sons and then back to Chapter One for dessert in the first week of April - mmmmmmm!! Though this is only a preview, I can assure you the review will be tasty Very Happy.
Back to top Go down

Restaurant Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restaurant Reviews   Restaurant Reviews EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 2:33 pm

I've been in Vie de Chateau, Naas a few times myself, great place and I agree its always packed, mostly with gorgeous women. Its amazing the difference that the small touches make to a restaurant. The owner once had a competition to guess how many corks where in a large bottle and its little things like that make you want to return.
Back to top Go down

Restaurant Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restaurant Reviews   Restaurant Reviews EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:16 pm

Oscars in Galway is fantastic. Nicest meal I ever had was in Mint. Bout a hundred quid per head though.
Back to top Go down

Restaurant Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restaurant Reviews   Restaurant Reviews EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:41 pm

Yes Mint is lovely. They have a good new Tapas Menu which is decent value, I had a go at it last week. It is 55 euro including wine.

Rolys Ballsbridge is still a favourite spot.

Last edited by johnfás on Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Restaurant Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restaurant Reviews   Restaurant Reviews EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Art wrote:
I've been in Vie de Chateau, Naas a few times myself, great place and I agree its always packed, mostly with gorgeous women. Its amazing the difference that the small touches make to a restaurant. The owner once had a competition to guess how many corks where in a large bottle and its little things like that make you want to return.

I see you're in Lilywhite land, Art.

Have you been in the Storehouse, Naas or the Hanged Man's, Milltown? Two good spots I think...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Restaurant Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Restaurant Reviews   Restaurant Reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

Restaurant Reviews
Page 1 of 1