Machine Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Machine Nation

Irish Politics Forum - Politics Technology Economics in Ireland - A Look Under The Nation's Bonnet

Devilish machinations come to naught --Milton

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  GalleryGallery  MACHINENATION.org  

Another Disappointing Sports Sell Out

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Another Disappointing Sports Sell Out Empty
PostSubject: Another Disappointing Sports Sell Out   Another Disappointing Sports Sell Out EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 7:21 pm

As someone who has both played on the hallowed pitch of Lansdowne Road as well as someone who has attended matches, big and small, international and domestic, professional and non professional since I was a toddler I am most disappointed to see that the IRFU and FAI (who jointly own the now formed Lansdowne Road Redevelopment Company) have sold the naming rights to Lansdowne Road for a ten year period to Hibernian Aviva.

Once reeopened the stadium will be known as "The Aviva Stadium" for ten years. The deal has brought in 40 million which will certainly aid the two organisations but pfffft.... I'll still be calling it Lansdowne!!

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/mhsnidgbidgb/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Disappointing Sports Sell Out   Another Disappointing Sports Sell Out EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 8:20 am

A load of crap but unfortunately the way things are going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another Disappointing Sports Sell Out   Another Disappointing Sports Sell Out EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 2:20 pm

I thought it was rubbish when they did with the Point as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Disappointing Sports Sell Out   Another Disappointing Sports Sell Out Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Disappointing Sports Sell Out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Machine Nation  :: Welcome and Chat :: The Betting Office-
Jump to: